10th September 2019, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

How can I become a Doctor with B.Sc Nursing?

I am a 2nd year B.Sc Nursing student and I want to be a Doctor. Is that possible? Can I quit B.Sc Nursing and join MBBS? Or, should I complete my B.Sc Nursing and then look out for admission in MBBS?

15th September 2019, 08:53 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Doctor with B.Sc Nursing?

In order to become Doctor, you need to pursue Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course. Candidates who have done 12th with PCB subjects and secured minimum of 50% marks in 12th are eligible to apply for the entrance exam of MBBS called NEET.

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. The minimum age limit for this exam is 17 years and no upper age limit. You can continue pursuing B.Sc Nursing course and prepare for this exam.

After completion, you can appear for this exam. It is because the exam is tough and if you leave B.Sc Nursing midway and appear for exam of MBBS but not able to score good marks then you will lose both.
15th September 2019, 10:26 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can follow following steps to become doctor with B.Sc in Nursing course:

Step I: Apply for 2020 NEET exam.

The full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. You must have studied PCB subjects in 12th and secured 50% marks to apply for this exam.

Step II: You need to clear exam with good rank in order to get admission in good government colleges.

You can quit and prepare for NEET exam. But the best option is to prepare along with B.Sc Nursing course.
15th September 2019, 06:51 PM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

MBBS and B.sc nursing are totally two different degrees. To become a doctor candidates need to crack AIPMT or NEET while to become a nurse candidates need to qualify any nursing entrance exam. There is no way to become a doctor after completion of nursing course. If you are passionate about MBBS then you can start your preparation for NEET with out quiting the nursing course.
28th October 2020, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

am final year bsc nursing student which are possible higher degrees to become high high posistion
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?