26th August 2019, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

How can I become IPS Officer after completing B.Sc Nursing?

How can I become an IPS Officer after completing B.Sc Nursing? What are the subjects that I should study? Which are the entrance exams that I need to write? Pleas, guide me through this.

30th August 2019, 09:23 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become IPS Officer after completing B.Sc Nursing?

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, for appearing in the same examination to become an IPS officer, you need to have following qualifications :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must hold the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, once you complete your B.Sc. in Nursing degree course, you will be eligible to become an IPS officer as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

Further, to know about the subjects you need to study in order to qualify the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the syllabus and examination pattern for the same examination by downloading it from the link www.upsc.gov.in.

31st August 2019, 12:48 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You can appear for the Civil Service examination after B.Sc Nursing.

The eligibility to appear in Civil Service Examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear for the examination.

Candidates are eligible to select the optional paper other than stream in bachelor degree. So, you can choose any subject available in the list.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

31st August 2019, 01:18 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can become I.P.S Officer after qualifying in Civil Service Examination. Examination is conducted by UPSC.

You are eligible to appear in the examination after examination B.Sc Nursing course. The age limit is 21-32 years.

The examination is conducted in three stages - Preliminary, Mains, Interview.

You can select the optional paper from the list of available option. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

31st August 2019, 12:24 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For appearing in Civil Service examination the required eligibility is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Entrance examination is conducted in three stages for final selection. Once you qualify in examination you will become eligible for final selection.

So, you need to prepare for examination with dedication, determination and devotion to qualify in all stages of examination.

For more information log on to www.upsc.gov.in.

31st August 2019, 05:08 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can become an IPS officer after completion of BSc nursing course because to become an IPS officer the candidate must have graduation in any discipline and must satisfy the physical standards.

Entrance exam: Civil Services exam and this exam is conducted by UPSC every year.
The registration for preliminary exams are done in the month of February every year.

31st August 2019, 11:02 PM
stutiswet2

Since you have completed B.Sc. Nursing, so you can now apply for Civil Services Exam. Because, to become IPS Officer, you will have to qualify Civil Services Exam.
In Civil Services Exam, you will have to qualify CSAT, Mains and Personal Interview to become IPS Officer. Only if your AIR is good, then only you will be given IPS Officer post.
You must study Current Affairs, History, Geography, Politics, Economics, General Studies, Quantitative Aptitude, etc. for preparation of Civil Services Exam.

27th October 2020, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Bsc nursing student wht subject can choose for as a optional subject.

4th March 2021, 05:13 AM
Unregistered

I am a B.Sc. Nursing 3rd year student .... Can i apply for IPS ...

18th August 2021, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

Now i completed my bsc nursing studies.
How can i become a ips.

31st May 2022, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

How would I prepare this exam fter studing science?

5th July 2022, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

How to become IPS officer after completing bsc nursing.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?