21st August 2020, 08:33 PM
Kohimakrishnarao

How can I get job in Fisheries Department of India after completion of M.Sc Fisheries?

Hello everybody, I have completed my M.Sc in Zoology and my specialization was Fisheries. So, can I get a job in Fisheries department of Indian government either at central level or state level? From where can I get to know about vacancy notification? How much would be my pay scale?

23rd August 2020, 02:14 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I get job in Fisheries Department of India after completion of M.Sc Fisheries?

To get job in Fisheries Department of India follow give steps.

1. Visit regularly - www.dog.gov.in
2. Check notice recruitment section.
3. If you find any vacancy go through detailed notification for recruitment.
4. If you are eligible register yourself.
5. Read all instruction and apply for the recruitment.
6. Pay application fee.
7. Crack exam with good marks.

Now you can join department of fisheries.
23rd August 2020, 06:35 PM
Ritika Ritika

Default Re: How can I get job in Fisheries Department of India after completion of M.Sc Fisheries?

Yes, you can get a job in Fisheries department of Indian government both levels.

You can know about vacancy notification in www.Fresherslive.com. And your pay scale depend on your posts.
24th August 2020, 02:12 AM
Princee97

Hi,
Yes, you can get job in Fisheries department of Indian Government at central or state level.

Eligibility-
1. completing 4-year Bachelor of Fisheries Science course/ B.Sc Industrial Fish and Fisheries (3 years)/ B.Sc Fisheries (3 years)/ B.Sc Aquaculture (3 years).
2. 2-year Masters of Fisheries Science course/ M.Sc in Aquatic Biology/ Fishery Science and Aquaculture/ Industries Fisheries/ Limnology and Fisheries/ Marine Biology and Fisheries.

Mode of selection-
To become fishery or Aquaculture graduate, you have to pass the entrance examination called Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) Common Entrance Test.

you can also apply in the fisheries department of state government for the post of Inspector of Fisheries/Research Assistants, Sub-Inspector of Fisheries, Assistant Directors, Assistant Fisheries Development Officer ( AFDO ) / Fisheries Extension Officer ( FEO ) and Fisheries Development Officer(FDO).

Pay scale-
private sector - from Rs 2.5 – 3 Lac/Year.
fisheries professionals can get an average pay of Rs 3 – 5 Lac/Year depending on their education and experience.

Category wise pay scale is given below-
Fishery Officer/ Fishery Extension Officer- Rs. 34,800
Fishery Biologist- Rs. 50,000
Fishery Manager- Rs. 30,000
Fishery Technician- Rs. 25,000
Livestock Development Officer- Rs. 50,000

You will get to know vacancies notification from this website given below. For more deails you can visit on this-- http://dof.gov.in/notices/recruitment/advertisement-for-recruitment

Thanks.
27th September 2021, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

If I completed fishery specialization in msc zoology can I get job in fishery department
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?