11th February 2019, 04:31 PM
Armt

How can I go in Army by taking Biology or medical stream in Intermediate?

Sir, I am Aditya Agarwal. I want to make my career in Indian Army as a Officer. I want to take Biology in 11th. So how can I go in Army by taking Biology group? I don't want Mathematics because I don't have focus in this subject. Will I be able to join Indian Army with Biology? If yes, then how?

14th February 2019, 11:00 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I go in Army by taking Biology or medical stream in Intermediate?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NDA examination. It is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

So, you will become eligible to apply for the examination even if you have Biology in 12th.

To get syllabus and detail about examination pattern visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th February 2019, 03:24 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I go in Army by taking Biology or medical stream in Intermediate?

NDA is National Defence Academy. It is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The examination provides an opportunity for candidates to join defence service as an officer.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in any stream

For recruitment in Air Force or Navy, it is mandatory to have Physics and Mathematics as main paper.

So, you are eligible for recruitment in Indian Army after qualifying in two stages ( Written and SSB ) for final selection.

To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th February 2019, 09:02 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Army as an Officer after qualifying in the NDA examination.

It is conducted by UPSC. The minimum eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates can appear in the examination.

It is conducted two stages. The two stages are :- Written and SSB.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?