3rd June 2020, 06:52 AM
Unregistered

How can I join Army while pursuing B.Tech degree course?

Hi, I am in my final year of B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering and my age is 26 years. I wish to join Indian Army. Is it possible? If yes, then how? Which entrance would I need to write? In which department of Army can I join?

4th June 2020, 12:16 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Army while pursuing B.Tech degree course?

--- There are two types of commission for joining Indian Army after engineering:

Permanent commission

Short service commission

---Technical entry:

The most popular entry for engineering students to join Indian Army after engineering is technical graduate course entry. TGC entry is conducted by Indian Army 2 times every year and Engineering candidates get shortlisted based on their percentage till 6th semester.
TGC entry is only for male engineering students and one gets permanent commission through this entry, one who clear TGC entry interview join Indian Military Academy for training.

Age limit : 21 - 26 years.

http://joinindianarmy.nic.in

--- Indian Army jobs for engineering students and that is non technical entry.

CDS exam

NCC special entry

Territorial Army
4th June 2020, 12:57 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Army while pursuing B.Tech degree course?

you can join Indian army after doing BTech by qualifying is CDS exam and there is another way for this that is campus selection in Indian army and after both this way you have to pass SSB and by clearing SSB you can join Indian army.

To appear in CDS exam education qualification required is:-
> IMA and officers training academy - degree of a recognised university or equivalent.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?