22nd July 2020, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Army as Military Psychologist?

Which exams do I have to appear for if I want to join as a Psychologist in the Indian Army? Please, provide the detail syllabus and other requirements. Also, what is the pay scale of Military Psychologist?

24th October 2020, 12:08 PM
Sharath Rai

Default Re: How can I join Indian Army as Military Psychologist?

Let us break your question in two Steps:

Step 1-Becoming a Psychologist:
To become a psychologist you need to complete an undergraduate degree in Psychology and Master’s degree in Psychology from any reputed university as regular candidate.You are required to specialize in Clinical and counseling psychology for offering services in Army. You also need to do a certificate course on Military Psychology and gather experience by doing internship program with defense department. You will get to know more during internship as what all skills you need to develop to be recruited as Army Psychologist

Step 2-Psychologist in Army:
After Completing your highest qualification in Psychology, apply in Indian army whenever there are notifications in newspapers or in official website for the post. You can also join as a psychologist in Defense Institute of Psychological Research, which develops psychological test and training material for the Army(like DRDO). Almost all universities have colleges which offer Psychology (Hons.) courses as undergraduate degree program and they are based on merit basis.
With Regards,
10th April 2021, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

I want to become a counseling phsycologist in indian army.whta are the physicall qualifictions,what i want to study after 12 science, what is the salary
7th March 2022, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

what exam should i take for the military psychologist?
10th July 2022, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

After completing bsc psychology if there any government jobs for psychology?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?