27th March 2020, 07:05 PM
Manojakbapur

How to do BAMS after completing GNM Nursing?

Hi, I have completed my B.Sc in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) degree course and now wish to do Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery BAMS. What should I do now? Should I directly apply in any colleges or do I need to go through any entrance?

31st March 2020, 12:07 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to do BAMS after completing GNM Nursing?

Admission in most of the premier institutions are conducted through NEET or state medical entrance test score.

So, to get admission in premier institution in the respective course, you will have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination.
31st March 2020, 05:08 PM
stutiswet2

For applying to BAMS course, you should have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. It is a graduation course which is done after completing Intermediate.
Admission to this course is done through entrance test in which questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects are asked of 11th, 12th standard.
Since, you have already completed B.Sc. in General Nursing and Midwifery(GNM) which is a Bachelor course, so it will be worthless to have two bachelor degrees. Instead of BAMS, you can do Masters in your current degree.
31st March 2020, 06:33 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, admission is not offered in the institutions without appearing and qualifying in entrance test.

So, you have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination to get admission in the course.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB with minimum 60% aggregate.
31st March 2020, 08:25 PM
SaptarshiDutta04

Yes, of course you are eligible for B.A.M.S after completing General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM). Those candidates who have completed their 12th standard in science stream can apply. Since, you are final year student of GNM Nursing so after completing GNM course you can apply for B.A.M.S.

B.A.M.S. Eligibility Criteria:

The candidate should have appeared and passed 10+2 from a recognized university with 60% marks in physics, chemistry & biology from a recognized university.

Candidates who have appeared for the 12th examination and are waiting for their results can also apply but they have to submit the proof of clearing the examination once they qualify for the second round.

Admission to the course is done on the basis of written test which is thereafter followed by an interview.

Colleges Offering BAMS Course:
A.V.Samiti’s Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya (Karnataka)
J.S.S. Ayurvedic Medical College, Mysore (Karnataka)
Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College, Terdal (Karnataka)
Rama Krishna Ayurvedic Medical College, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Krishna Muniyal Ayurvedic Medical College (Karnataka)
Government Ayurvedic Medical College (Karnataka)
B. S. P. Gomantak Ayuveda Mahavidyalaya (Goa)
University of Pune
Bharati Vidyapeeth University (Pune)
Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur (Maharashtra)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?