9th September 2013, 04:24 PM
fcisebaug

How to do MSc from FRI Dehradun? I have cleared grade III technical exam for FCI

i have cleared grade 3 technical exam for fci. currently i am doing msc from FRI dehradun..con somebody plz tell me that what would be the gross salary and what are the job prospects??
plz, i am really confused..somebody help me out

28th August 2017, 09:52 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to do MSc from FRI Dehradun? I have cleared grade III technical exam for FCI

For seeking admission to FRI (Forest Research Institute, Dehradun), You can apply online for the admission on official website www.fridu.edu.in. FIR offers various M.Sc courses dealing with forest research sector. Admission will be based on entrance exam.

FRI Offering Courses and Eligibility
- M.Sc (Forestry) : B.Sc with at least one of the subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Zoology, Botany or bachelor's degree in Agriculture or Forestry.
- M.Sc (Wood Science & Technology) : Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Maths or B.Sc (Forestry).
- M.Sc (Environment Management) : Bachelor's degree in any of the basic or applied science or Forestry or Agriculture or B.E/B.Tech (Environment Science).
- M.Sc (Cellulose and Paper Technology) : Bachelor's degree with Chemistry as one of the subject or B.E/B.Tech (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering).

Entrance Test
- Basic Science Including Social Science : 100 Q
- Arithmetic, Quantitative Abilities, Reasoning, Interpretation, Graphs etc : 40 Q
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs : 30 Q
- English and Comprehension : 30 Q

Admission Important Dates
- Apply Online Application : 23rd January, 2017
- Last Date to Apply Online : 24th March, 2017
- Entrance Test : 24th May, 2017
- 1st Counselling Round : 7th July, 2017
- 2nd Counselling Round : 10th July, 2017

Placement at FRI
Forest Research Institute, Dehradun having good placement record. Every year many organizations visit the FIR campus and recruit number of students. On an average 50% students get placement through campus interview and 100% in case of M.Sc (Wood Science & Technology).

Job Prospects
After completion of M.Sc from Forest Research Institute, You will have great career opportunities in various sectors such as Forest Department, Biotechnology Firms, Food Companies, Chemical Industries, Research Laboratories, Seed and Nursery Companies etc. You will get starting salary in ranges from Rs.12,000/- to Rs.30,000/- per month depending on your skills, knowledge, job roles and recruiter.

Fees Structure of Forest Research Institute (FRI)
- Caution Deposit : Rs.3000/- (Refundable)
- Tuition Fee : Rs.22,000/- per semester
- Exam Fee : Rs.500/- per semester
- Hostel Charges : Rs.4200/- per semester
- Electricity, Water and Other Maintenance Charges : Rs.1200/- per semester
- Library Fee : Rs.1000/- per semester
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?