27th October 2010, 01:50 PM
pramit kumar mohanty

How to join Astronomical Courses after doing BSc Chemistry(hons)?

how can i join the astronomical courses?i am a student of Bsc. with chemistry hons.

Related Questions:
  1. Short Term Courses related to Astronomical Field after 10th
  2. Cutoff marks and the fee structure of the Kochi Law school
  3. Salary of a person who has cleared UGC NET exam? Will he be appointed as a lecturer?
  4. Which courses I can join after completion of B.Sc course? Is it a good choice for me of doing M-Pharmacy course?
  5. What all are the integrated courses after PUC II in BSc? HOw can I join those after passing 12th? What is the procedure to join the courses?
  6. Which Institutions in Nagpur or Maharashtra offer Astronomical Training after completing class 10th? What are the qualification required for admission? -- [New]
  7. Astronomical research institutes and entrance exams after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which other course should I do if unable to join Agriculture honours?
  9. Can I do B.Sc in Agriculture after Diploma in Agriculture?
  10. List of best graduation courses after 12th with science?
  11. When and how can I obtain NEET form?
  12. How can I do Ph.D in Dravidian university? I've completed msw M.Phil
  13. Which subject should I choose in class 12th to apply for Astronomical Scientists? Which entrance exam should I give for the same?
  14. How to apply for admission in CSJM university? I want private admission B.A II year in Kanpur University
  15. Institutes offering Astronomical Science course after 12th?
  16. How can I choose the stream for astronomy after B.E?
  17. Courses offered for IInd year BSc students? How many different courses are there? Fee structure of the courses?
  18. Which are the colleges to pursue graduation from Delhi University? How much percentage is required and what is the fee structure?
11th April 2011, 04:25 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Astronomical Courses after doing BSc Chemistry(hons)?

You cannot join the astronomical courses after B.sc with chemistry (hons) as the eligibility criteria for the same is as under-
1. candidate should pass their plus two examination under the science stream, specially in physics and math's.

2. Since universities offering undergraduate programme in Astronomy are rarely found, one can join for a major/ honours in Physics with Mathematics as a subsidiary subject.

3. Thereafter, take a master's degree in Physics or Astronomy. After the successful completion of MSc, one can do specialization in astronomy leading to Ph. D. which enables one to become an astronomer/ astronaut/ astrophysicist or a scientist/ research officer etc. in the field of space research.

So as a career it is difficult for you to get an astronomical degree but as a passion you can join any undergraduate programme for astronomical course.

You can also join the astrochemistry which is a branch of astronomy and chemistry dealing with the chemical composition and evolution of the universe and its parts.
15th June 2011, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 83.33 in PCM in class 12. I want to go in space science research field. What should i do? CAn physical Science Bsc degree helo me to become space researcher. And Is there any entrance exam for admission to colleges providing course in astronomy ?
29th July 2019, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Iv scored 79.8% marks in XIIth. Then i am studying BSc. In CHEMISTRY. BUT i want to take astronomical line .... can i ??? If yes then ''HOW " ??? REPLY QUICKLY...
26th January 2020, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

I am a bsc chemistry student..and I want become a astrochemist.. so how I can become astrochemist after bsc chemistry?
13th March 2020, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

How to join astronomical course aftet bsc chemistry
1st July 2023, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

I am B.SC chemistry and i want to study astrochemistry in master, is it possibe.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?