17th July 2019, 04:52 PM
Anaya Noor

How many papers are there in Chartered Accountancy course?

I have completed my B.Com and now wanted to take admission in Chartered Accountancy course. So, from how many papers will I get exemption after B.Com? And, how many papers would be remaining for me in Chartered Accountancy course?

28th June 2020, 12:57 AM
Sujathadanala

Default Re: How many papers are there in Chartered Accountancy course?

The course takes around 5 years to complete including 3 years of Articleship training if you clear all exams in one go. There are 3 levels in CA course. First one is Foundation also known as CPT. Anyone can appear for CPT if they have 10+2 qualification i.e. after appearing for 12th Board exams.

Once you clear CPT, you have to appear for IPC in which you will have to pass 2 groups each consisting of 4 papers. You also need to join articleship training under a Chartered Accountant or Chartered Accountancy Firm for 3 years.

After completion of Articleship including IPC you will be eligible to apply for Final examination. Final consists of 2 groups of 4 papers each. Once you clear Final examination you will be Chartered Accountant.

Also CA Students have to complete additional courses such as Orientation programme, Information Technology Training, General Management and Communication Skills course, Advanced Information Technology Training etc. within a prescribed time schedule as declared by ICAI from time to time.

All the best...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?