13th October 2011, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

How may I apply for IAS Examination? I've completed my B.com degree in KUD university with 76% marks

Hello Friend,
Hi this's Ram From Bellary. i was completed my B.Com Degree in KUD Univercity With 76%. so i have interest to write IAS preliminary Exam Pls help to Suggest Me.How to apply AND when it will start (exam's) Pls I NEED A SENIOR STUDENT OF IAS pls if u ar know that person pls send his name. NO and mail ID pls pls pls FRIEND
This my mail ID: [email protected]
MY NO:7795772997

2nd April 2012, 02:24 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: How may I apply for IAS Examination? I've completed my B.com degree in KUD university with 76% marks

Hello friend!

Definitely..you are eligible for IAS after completion of B.Com degree course.

IAS is know Indian Administrative Services.

If you want to join IAS then you have to appear in Indian Civil Service Examination conducted UPSC-Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

Eligibility conditions for Indian Civil Service Examination:
  • You should be Graduate in any discipline from recognized Institute/University.
  • There is no restriction percentage of Graduation course.
  • Your AGE should be in between 21 to 33 years for general category students, 21 to 35 for obc, 21 to 35 for SC/ST.
  • Number of Permissible Attempts : 4 for general , 7 for OBC and Unlimited for SC/ST.
  • You should be Indian citizen.

How may I apply for IAS Examination?

>>You can apply for Civil Service examination in Online/Internet & Offline mode. Offline Application Form is available on Head post office of your town/city. Or you can apply Online by using UPSC official website.

>>So please wait for the Notification then fill the application form Online or Offline.

Pattern of UPSC Civil Service Examination:

UPSC Civil Service Exam is divided into two stages..

->Preliminary exam
->Main exam

Preliminary Exam pattern:

Main Exam pattern:

List of optional subjects for Main Exam:-

>>If you want to get any other detail regarding UPSC IAS Civil Service Examination then Please visit Official Website:

http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd April 2012, 04:11 PM
prabhakar.karnam2012

Thumbs up Re: How may I apply for IAS Examination? I've completed my B.com degree in KUD university with 76% marks

appearing for civil services and clearing it is a dream for everyone...to get into civil services, one has to clear the exam that consists of 3 stages viz..priliminary test, mains and interview..

in prelims, two papers will be there..1)csat 2)general studies..both papers will be objective type...after clearing it, main exam will be there...one should choose any 2 optionals as per their interest....mains will be odf descriptive nature and includes general studies(2 papers), general essay...mains exam will be for 2000 marks...for successful candidates in mains, interview will be there for 300 marks...

every year, in february, upsc release notification... any graduate can compete...
2nd April 2012, 04:12 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How may I apply for IAS Examination? I've completed my B.com degree in KUD university with 76% marks

the IAS exam consists by UPSC

Civil services exam consists of three stages

Civil services preliminary exam
civil services main exam
interview & final selection

Educational qualification :
Degree of any recognized university
candidates studying in final year examination may apply for preliminary
when he applies for main exam , he shall be a graduate
the following engineering discipline are eligible:

Civil engineering
mechanical engineering
bio technology
electrical engineering
physics
chemistry
statics
geology

Age limit :
21 to 30 years for general
33 for obc
35 for sc/st as on 1st August of this year

No Of attempts :

General candidates : 4
OBC : 7
SC/ST : no limit
2nd April 2012, 05:12 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How may I apply for IAS Examination? I've completed my B.com degree in KUD university with 76% marks

IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE and to become an IAS officer you have to appear and crack Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC once every year.

As you are a B.Com. Graduate from Kud University, you are eligible to apply for Civil Service exam.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years of age. There is upper age relaxation for SC/ST/PH candidate up to 5 years and for OBC candidate up to 3 years.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary Exam
Civil Service Main Exam
Personal Interview

For other relevant information regarding examination you may log on to the official website of UPSC i.e. http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd April 2012, 10:02 PM
Ishita1505
Member+

Hello Dear,
Definitely..you are eligible for IAS after completion of B.Com degree course.

IAS is know Indian Administrative Services.

If you want to join IAS then you have to appear in Indian Civil Service Examination conducted UPSC-Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

Eligibility conditions for Indian Civil Service Examination:
You should be Graduate in any discipline from recognized Institute/University.
There is no restriction percentage of Graduation course.
Your AGE should be in between 21 to 33 years for general category students, 21 to 35 for obc, 21 to 35 for SC/ST.
Number of Permissible Attempts : 4 for general , 7 for OBC and Unlimited for SC/ST.
You should be Indian citizen.
How may I apply for IAS Examination?
>>You can apply for Civil Service examination in Online/Internet & Offline mode. Offline Application Form is available on Head post office of your town/city. Or you can apply Online by using UPSC official website.
>>So please wait for the Notification then fill the application form Online or Offline.
Pattern of UPSC Civil Service Examination:
UPSC Civil Service Exam is divided into two stages..
->Preliminary exam
->Main exam

All the Best.
2nd April 2012, 10:28 PM
zeya007

yes, of course you can appear for IAS exam.

Eligibility criteria to appear in IAS exam are-
You should be graduate from any stream.
Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
You should a citizen of India.

Since you are commerce graduate then you can easily choose one of the commerce related subject for your mains exam...
Best of luck for your career....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?