5th December 2011, 10:56 AM
karthiksubbu

How much level of C Language is required to pursue Embedded Systems being a candidate of BE EEE?

Hi..
i am doing BE EEE.. i plan to do a course in embedded systems but i am not tht good at C programming.. i know oly the basic commands involved in it... so can any one pls temme whether this is enough or more knowledge of C is required..
if required upto how much level of C should i know?? ll appreciate your help.. thanks in advance :-)

5th December 2011, 10:49 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much level of C Language is required to pursue Embedded Systems being a candidate of BE EEE?

Anyone can learn basics of C programming easily but it is tough to be master of it.
The more you work on it the more you learn. You must understand the basics and
you should have enough brain to put logic.
Student of any stream may / may not require use of C programming during their
academics or post education jobs.
The requirement is decided by projects or job profile of yours.
If you get a job of core Electrical Engineering in some power plant/steel plant or
some other manufacturing/production industry then you might not require much use
of C programming in your job.
But, if you get a job in IT/software/electronics related firm then you would require
good programming skills for sure.
Therefore if you are in dilemma that what kind of job/company you will join in future
then I would suggest you polish your knowledge in programming.
You can ask for mini projects on C programming with your CSE friends.
If you successfully work on few projects then you will learn a lot and also it will
be helpful for future, if you get its use.
5th December 2011, 11:58 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much level of C Language is required to pursue Embedded Systems being a candidate of BE EEE?

dear friend,
My friend both the fields are totally different.. One is related to software field and the other one is related to core sector..

If you want to get a job in IT sector then you can go for short term courses on programming language.. You can make your base strong in programming language field.

But if you have interest in core field then you can go for short term courses on embedded system..

As you are a student of EEE stream then you should go for Embedded system course..

All the best.
6th December 2011, 09:47 AM
jayparikh

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthiksubbu View Post
Hi..
i am doing BE EEE.. i plan to do a course in embedded systems but i am not tht good at C programming.. i know oly the basic commands involved in it... so can any one pls temme whether this is enough or more knowledge of C is required..
if required upto how much level of C should i know?? ll appreciate your help.. thanks in advance :-)
See , C language is basic for embedded system.
you need to know,
basic commands(as you are knowing)
File handling
structure programming
malloc and calloc basics

and I will advisable that you learn C throughly , because after your completion , if you go in interview they will definitely firstly ask you about C language.

Best of luck
6th December 2011, 10:08 AM
praveen_raj
Junior Member+

Hi Friend,

You need to learn Embedded-C language which is quite similar to C language with minure changes.The pattern and logic remains same.You need to write a program and it could be embedded on different microprocessors.Generally,we can see the usage of embedded-c in many academic and engineering projects regarding embedded systems and microprocessors.It is always good to have grip on embedded-c while dealing with embedded systems.There is no need to master in it but you need to have minimum understanding and programming skills to execute your simple logics and can embed in your processors.

Regards
Prudvi Raj
7th January 2012, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

sir i wanna ask u which course would be better to learn for eee student embedded system or plc scada according to future needs and opportunities?
6th September 2012, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

i joined cdac mohali in embedded systems course .but i am poor in c language even simple programs also i vant under stand so please tel me is c programing is their in entire embedded course? help me
18th June 2014, 06:42 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am a student of EEE department.I'm studying 1st year btech. We have a subject of C PROGRAMMING in our course.then what is the use of learning C PROGRAMMING for me? Would it be useful in the future
28th December 2014, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am eee student ..I m studying embedded course but I m not intersted to work in c programming ..so plz tell me what course is related to my subject
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?