18th July 2012, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IPS Exam? Am I eligible to appear for this Exam after completion of B.Tech course? Which Books should I refer for this Exam?

how can i prepare for the ips examination?
can i have eligibility after completion of my b-tech degree???
what books must be referred for writing the ips exam???

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IPS exam? Books to be referred?
  2. Which books to prepare for IPS Exam? How to prepare for IPS Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. When to get application forms for IPS Exam? How to prepare for IPS Exam? Reference books to prepare for IPS Exam?
  4. Syllabus to prepare for JTO exam? Whcih books to refer for the JTO exam?
  5. Which books to be referred to prepare for CAT exam? I have scored 100 percentile marks
  6. How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?
  7. What shall I do to crack IPS Exam being a candidate having completed 12th Class with 83% of marks? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam? Which is the best city to take Coaching for this Exam?
  8. Am I eligible to become a RTO Officer after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this?
  9. Books which are the best for IPS exam preparation?
  10. Date of application for IPS entrance exam? In which month the exam will be held? How to prepare for the exam and which books to be referred?
  11. Date of ISAT exam? Which books to refer for ISAT exam? List of the books and their author names?
  12. How to prepare for MSc entrance exam? Which books to refer?
  13. How should I prepare for IPS exam? Books to be referred?
  14. How can I become an IPS officer after doing BCA in 2nd year? Books to be referred for IPS? -- [New]
  15. How should i prepare for IBPS exam? List of available books for this exam?
  16. Best books for IPS exam to refer general studies, current affairs? Syllabus and model question papers?
  17. Am I eligible for KCET exam after scoring 139 marks in PCB? List of good books for MBBS entrance exam? How can I prepare for it?
  18. Which books are useful for IPS exam? I want to prepare for IPS exam
18th July 2012, 09:32 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IPS Exam? Am I eligible to appear for this Exam after completion of B.Tech course? Which Books should I refer for this Exam?

hi,
IPS EXAM STANDS FOR INDIAN POLICE SERVICE EXAM WHICH IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC.

IPS EXAM ELIGIBLITY:-
>graduation from a recognized board.
>age limit is 21 to 30 years
>you must be indian citizen.
IPS exam pattern

The UPSC examination comprises of two successive stages. IPS exam is carried out by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and constitutes two stages:
The Preliminary Examination and
The Main Examination.
Preliminary Exam comprises multiple choice questions and is also a qualifying exam for appearing into second exam.
Main Examination which comprises a written exam and an interview.
Preparation tips for IPS exam
Preliminary exam is a qualifying stage. This exam has two papers in which one is optional (means you can choose a subject of your own choice) and other is of General Studies which is a compulsory exam and you have to give importance to both.
To get a good command over General Science, it is must that you prepare at least eight subjects of high importance properly. These subjects include Mental Ability, Economy, Political Science, Science, Current Affairs, Geography, History and General Knowledge.
The best way to begin your exams preparation in above mentioned subjects is to start with NCERT books of 6th to 12th standard.
To keep updated with ‘current affairs’ you will require reading newspapers from at least one year back from the time of appearing for exam. Make notes of all the important events, incidents in the country as well as around the world.
Other than books, you also need to prepare from a good atlas for ‘Geography’.
For ‘General Knowledge’, you must read ‘Competition Success Review” and collect facts. Also, you can solve question papers of previous years’ preliminaries.
For ‘General Studies’ read political and business magazines as much as you can but within limit.
For ‘optional subject paper’, the most important thing is that you choose a subject about which you are very much confident. The best way to do is this is to go through the syllabus of that subject and look if you have covered all those topics mentioned in your degree course.
Do prepare for both ‘Preliminary’ and ‘Main’ exam very well, as you will not have much time to prepare for ‘Main’ exam after clearing prelims successfully.
To prepare for optional subject, get the civil service exam syllabus. Cover all the topics and attempting all the related question papers simultaneously.

You must keep in mind that the IPS is a highly reputed service in India and one has to go through rigorous tests before making it final. Success is possible with proper planning for the exam preparation and executing that planning in the most effective manner.
BEST BOOKS FOR IPS EXAM:-

For more-
http://upsc.gov.in
19th July 2012, 01:40 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IPS Exam? Am I eligible to appear for this Exam after completion of B.Tech course? Which Books should I refer for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

IPS Exam Reference Books:

Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency by Upscportal

Preliminary Examination Topic Wise Solved Question Papers by Upscportal

UPSC Portal English Language Comprehension Skills

UPSC Civil Servies Preliminary Examination Paper-I in 60 days by Rakesh Dwivedi

Training of IPS by Kaneez Zehra
14th September 2012, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

which books to prepare for IPS exam? Hav any qualifications?
24th October 2012, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

i am a B.com student...to appear the IPS exam,how much i should get minimum percentage...? is there any special for minority students..?
24th October 2012, 06:08 PM
SAM14U

HELLO DEAR

>> To serve in the Indian Police Service one has to pass the Civil Service Examination, which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission, every year.

>> This examination is a common examination conducted for selection to the other two All India Services as well as various other Group A and Group B services under the Central Government.

>> This examination consists of three stages. At stage one, there is an objective type examination called the Preliminary examination. This is a qualifying examination and only the candidates who clears this can appear for the next stage called the Main examination.

>> In the Main examination each candidate has to select two optional subjects, apart from which all candidates have to take a General Studies, Essay and compulsory language exam.

>> The Main examination is a very intensive subjective type examination for which marks are awarded. A shortlist is prepared on the basis of the Main examination and these candidates can compete in the third and final stage of exam called the Viva voce or the Interview.

>> The marks of the Main examination and the Interview are combined to prepare a final merit list of selected candidates.

Eligibility and Criteria:
A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
Final year students are also applicable.

Age limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:
General - max. 4
OBC - max. 7.
SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:
Preliminary Exam.
Main Exam
Interview

Physical Requirement:
Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm

All the best

With Regards.....
SAM
7th November 2012, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

I have completed bcom with 45%. am I eligible to apply for civil service examination. Pls advice
7th November 2012, 07:30 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

UPSC conducts CSAT ( Civil Services Aptitude Test) for IAS / IPS/ IFS.

Eligibility for IPS exam -

Graduation from a recognised university.

Age - 21 -30 years.

Examination Pattern -

The examination is conducted in two stages:

1.Civil Services Preliminary Examination or Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT):-
The exam contains questions on –
General Studies, comprehension skill, verbal and
quantitative aptitude and communication skills.

2.Main Examination and Personal interview:-

Those who qualify Preliminary round appear for Main examination.
Those who qualify Main examination are called for Interview.

The Main examination comprise of following papers.

Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper
English Qualifying Paper
General Essay type paper
General Studies(Paper-I&II )
Optional subject-I(Paper-I&II )
Optional subject-II(Paper-I&II )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4103544_f260.jpg
Views:	840
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	122029  
27th November 2012, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to be become IPS officer but my graduation percentage is 40 so please you tell me i am Eligbil or not.Mobile no 9266828462
28th November 2012, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

I completed bams degree I eligible for ips exam ?
28th November 2012, 01:08 PM
Viraj0013

Dear friends

UPSC examination comprises of two successive stages. IPS exam is carried out by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and constitutes two stages:

The Main Examination.

Preliminary Exam comprises multiple choice questions and is also a qualifying exam for appearing into second exam.

Eligibility and Criteria:
A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.

Final year students are also applicable.

Age limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:
General - max. 4
OBC - max. 7.
SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:

Preliminary Exam.
Main Exam
Interview

Physical Requirement:

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm
30th November 2012, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

From here we can get good coaching for ips in delhi???
6th December 2012, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

WHICH BOOK IS BEST FOR IAS EXAM?
6th December 2012, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

which book is best to prepare IPS Exam?
6th December 2012, 11:01 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear......

Indian Police Service (IPS) This exam is conducted through UPSC for this you have to appear Civil Service Exam , there are certain eligibility criteria which are as follows:

Age limit

The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs , There is a upper age relaxation for sc/st & obc candidates.

Educational Qualification

The candidates should be a graduate in any dsicipline from a recognize university .

Number of attempts

General Category 4

OBC 7

SC & ST unlimited

Exam pattern :

List of best books for IPS exam ...................

For more details visit website.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck...............
29th December 2012, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

WTS THE AGE CRITERIAYA FOE GANRAL GROUP??
2nd January 2013, 10:48 PM
nikhinaya

The UPSC examination comprises of two successive stages. IPS exam is carried out by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and constitutes two stages:
The Main Examination.
Preparation tips for IPS exam
Preliminary exam is a qualifying stage. This exam has two papers in which one is optional (means you can choose a subject of your own choice) and other is of General Studies which is a compulsory exam and you have to give importance to both.
To get a good command over General Science, it is must that you prepare at least eight subjects of high importance properly. These subjects include Mental Ability, Economy, Political Science, Science, Current Affairs, Geography, History and General Knowledge.
Age limit
The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs , There is a upper age relaxation for sc/st & obc candidates.
Educational Qualification
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.[/COLOR]
9th January 2013, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell in detail about preliminary exam..
9th January 2013, 07:50 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes,you will be Eligible to appear in UPSC IPS Exam.In order to appear in this Exam,you will require the Following Eligibility:-

Educational Qualification:-

>>You must be Graduation(B-tech Degree) Pass out in any stream from Recognized university.
>>Your degree course should be of at least 3 years.
>>Your degree should be approved from the UGC/AICTE.

>>Your minimum age should be 21 years.
>>Your age should not be above 28 years.

If you have cross the age limit then you will be eligible to appear in this exam, if you come under the reserved category. You will get the age Relaxations Facility.

Its details are as follows:-

>>If you come under the SC/ST then you will get 5 years of age relaxations.

>>If you come under the OBC category then you will get 3 years of age relaxations.

Number of Attempts details:-

>>If you belong from the General category then you can appear only 4 times.

>>If you belong from the OBC category then you can appear only 7 times.

NOTE:-There is NO LIMIT for SC/ST category for APPEARING in this exam.
Books to be Refered for IPS Exam is as Follows:-

21st June 2013, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

AFTER B.COM CAN I APPEAR MY IPS EXAMINATION
21st June 2013, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

After completing B.com can i eligible for ips examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?