17th July 2010, 02:28 AM
Pandiyarajan

How to prepare for M.Sc entrance exams in universities?

How can I prepare for my M.Sc entrance exam in universities?

17th July 2010, 03:03 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for M.Sc entrance exams in universities?

Dear friend
The MSc entrance examination of any university use to be based on the graduation stream.
The best way is GATE. Apart from that JNU delhi , BHU varanasi, ISM Dhanbad and many more universities are there that take admission in master degree program on the basis of GATE and their Personal exam as well.
If you mention your subject of interest then it would be easy to suggest the college and other relevant informations
Thank You
17th July 2010, 10:20 AM
odc

First of all you should be thorough with your B. Sc. syllabus. You should know all the basics of the subject you have chosen for B. Sc. This you can achieve by keeping contact with your teachers,seniors and reading books and the books you refer should be always reference books because the information given in the reference books is always correct and you should understand all the concepts from that reference book.
Clearing the basics is important to prepare for the entrance exams but it is not sufficient because some entrance exams like MS university Baroda conducts interview sessions, asks to write SoPs,etc. so you have to prepare for these challenges also. You should prepare for the interviews under the guidance of a good teacher/professional and don't please copy SoP from the internet or from the other students because the teachers from those institutes who are checking your SoP are experts in checking the SoPs and they will easily catch you if you have copied the SoP.
So Best of luck and prepare well.
17th July 2010, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

for preparing for msc it doesnt require special efforts or special preparations...just what u hav studies in BSC or any equivalant xam....just revise that.Basically the technical stuffs i.e ur logic and understanding should be clear..:-)ALL D VEY BEST
17th July 2010, 12:37 PM
sharad3010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandiyarajan View Post
no one can tell u hw to prepare u hav urself to decide hw to manage ur schedule.....
dere is no mediine dat can be given to u dat u will qualify then msc
think coolly and sincerely how to manage if u ar still in college
17th July 2010, 01:29 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
You can crack the exam either by going for entrance coaching.Some coaching centres for maths & biotechnology are:
Ujwala educational academy(msc maths)
Ex-IIYians( biotechnology)
For more msc coaching centers refer the sites www.vpmclasses.com,www.smudde.edu.in,www.edservcarrier.com
17th July 2010, 02:12 PM
jicks

Hi,

Entrance exam for M.Sc admission is primarily based on the portions of your major subject III year syllabus.

Whatever may be your branch of specialization, just be prepared with all major topics, portions, theories, included in Final year Graduation. That is well enough to get through entrance exam.

Some Universities provide the entire syllabus along with brochures. Then your task becomes easy to cover only those portions mentioned.

Anyway, if you are good in your subject, then passing entrance exam will be easy.

Regards
17th July 2010, 04:35 PM
sharmila jain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandiyarajan View Post
hello... first i would like to saythat never under estimate that can u do it.???..you should think that u aill to .

regarding preparation for entarance exam for msc be thorough with your basics of bsc and some deeper knoeledge of advanced subjects ..i think this much is enough to clear the test..All the very best to you...

sharmila
17th July 2010, 08:56 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hi,

I can't get you clearly as you have not mentioned which entrance exam you are seeking for.

There are various entrance exams conducted by different universities for admission to M.sc courses.
Different tests have different patterns and syllabus.

Well, as a general suggestion i can say that,prepare from your graduation subjects and take sound concepts of important topics.

It always depends on the question structure or patterns how you will prepare yourself.

So first let us know specifically which university you want to take admission in and then let us solve your query.

Good luck!
23rd July 2010, 06:24 AM
Unregistered

i m in final year and i want to give entrance test of m.sc. mathamatics i want to know which book will i refer for this. reply me soon so that i prepared my self for this eam and suggest me the best university for m.sc. mathmatics
27th July 2010, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I have completed Btech in computer science and i want to do MSC Mathematics of my interest. Please let me know if BTech is valid pre-requisite for doing MSC.
and what entrance exam i have to take.
13th August 2010, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

m in final year and i want to give entrance test of m.sc. biotechnology i want to know which book will i refer for this. reply me soon so that i prepared my self for this eam and suggest me the best university for m.sc. biotechnology
30th August 2010, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

i'm bsc final year,,i want to do MSC statistics of my interest.so pls suggest me which books i'll refer for this
28th September 2010, 08:22 PM
aditi.malik

which book should i prefer for the preparation of M.sc in computer science?
29th September 2010, 05:59 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

you should work hard and manage your time
download previous years papers and solved them to get better result and also take some good books from your seniors they will help you
best of luck
14th October 2010, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

hey, i am in 3 rd year of my btech course (ECE dept) , i want to do M.sc in universities, can u give some information of the universities where ECE courses are offered ?
4th November 2010, 08:08 AM
Unregistered

how to appear and prepare for M.Sc(maths) entrance exam?
13th March 2011, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

I Completed my bpharm nd now want to do msc chemistry...so plz can u tell me wat books should i read for the entrance test...
19th April 2011, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

I COMPLETED DEGREE I WILL WRITE M.SC MATHS ENTRANCE WHICH BOOKS I SHOULD PREFER PLZ SEND REPLY
1st June 2011, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

is dere any material for iit jam available in the market???
10th June 2011, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

how can i get model test paper of msc mathematics enterance test of MSU Baroda?
18th June 2011, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

is any subsidary subject is neccesary far msc maths?
12th July 2011, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

I want to do M.sc in chemistry from punjab university chandigarh. How many seats are there for general category? And besides clearing the entrance, do i need to score arount 80% in my B.Sc?
12th July 2011, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

how i get merit list of enterance exam of m.sc hons chemstry
14th July 2011, 11:39 PM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,
The MSc entrance examination of any university use to be based on the graduation stream.
The best way is GATE. Apart from that JNU delhi , BHU varanasi, ISM Dhanbad and many more universities are there that take admission in master degree program on the basis of GATE and their Personal exam as well.
If you mention your subject of interest then it would be easy to suggest the college and other relevant informations.

thanks
15th July 2011, 12:38 AM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,
If you mention your subject of interest then it would be easy to suggest the college and other relevant informations

thanks
15th July 2011, 11:26 AM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,

thanks
2nd September 2011, 05:27 PM
Komal4kanani

Quote:
Originally Posted by odc View Post
First of all you should be thorough with your B. Sc. syllabus. You should know all the basics of the subject you have chosen for B. Sc. This you can achieve by keeping contact with your teachers,seniors and reading books and the books you refer should be always reference books because the information given in the reference books is always correct and you should understand all the concepts from that reference book.
Clearing the basics is important to prepare for the entrance exams but it is not sufficient because some entrance exams like MS university Baroda conducts interview sessions, asks to write SoPs,etc. so you have to prepare for these challenges also. You should prepare for the interviews under the guidance of a good teacher/professional and don't please copy SoP from the internet or from the other students because the teachers from those institutes who are checking your SoP are experts in checking the SoPs and they will easily catch you if you have copied the SoP.
So Best of luck and prepare well.
what is SoP??
24th February 2012, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

what type of question are ask in the entrance exam of m.sc.(physics) in b.h.u. and allahabad univercity.
3rd May 2013, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

what are the enterance exams to M.Sc ( maths or statistics)?
14th March 2014, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

i m preparing for m.sc.(statistics) for BHU varansi..plz suggest me best referance books..
29th July 2014, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

helo..sir/ma'am...i have completed my bsc medical general from a college under punjab university......
nw i wana do msc .....from gud university. in campus.....like .....pu orJNU.....1.)hw can i prepare for these universities.....vry well......
2.)i got 67%agregate in bsc .....so is it possible to take...admisn in campus of pu with this percentage if i got a gud rank..bt my percentage is low....anb3.) m concused btwn the optns...msc botany...zoology...and environmental science according to u...which is a evrgreen and scope full subject???plzzz i need a rply....
13th May 2015, 08:23 AM
Unregistered

For which exam l should prepare at level of class 11 so as to make sure that I can also clear m.sc entrance exam.
14th May 2015, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

I am persuing bsc final year stats. I interested to study MSC(stats) in university. Suggest me best universities within ap and telangana. And which books shall I refer for the entrance exam?
2nd May 2016, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

now i finished my first year bsc in biochemistry. can anyone plz suggest how to prepare for msc biochemistry entrance test? is it enough if i study the three years bsc portions of biochemistry for the test??
30th November 2016, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

Which book do i prefer for entrance for msc in forensic science criminology apart from syllabus ?
23rd January 2017, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

I want to do M.Sc from physics and i want that whether i have to prepare only physics concept or i have to prepare maths and chemistry too....i m very confuse please help
28th October 2017, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

I'm in bad medical. I have done my 12th with PCB without maths. Can I get admission in msc chemistry in mdu without having maths in 12th class.
14th July 2021, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

What are the branches present in M.Sc.Chemistry ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?