31st May 2017, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

How to reappear for exam next year if failed in one subject?

Please guide me, my son appeared this year in cbse commerce 12th boards. He has failed in three subjects. So now how can he reappear for exam next year. Please guide us.

31st May 2017, 11:02 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to reappear for exam next year if failed in one subject?

There are two options for your son. Either he can appear for compartment examination of all three subjects in which he has failed or reappear for board exam for all subjects next year.

The better option for him will be to prepare well and reappear for board examination next year. Ask him to solve prepare year papers and solve mock question papers to get confidence to score good marks in board exams.
31st May 2017, 05:42 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Your son can definitely apply for next year board examination.

How to reappear:

You will have to again apply from same school for board examination for all subjects. Examination fee has to be paid by you for all subjects.

In this way, your son can reappear for board exam next year.
31st May 2017, 05:46 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

In case, your son has failed in three subjects then he would have to appear for all the subjects of that class.

But if the candidate has failed in only one or two subjects, then he/she has to fill compartment exam form.

The form is either available in school or nearest Regional Board office.

Compartment Exam is conducted in the month of August.

While, if a student is appearing for re-exam, then he/she will appear for the exam in the next year along with regular candidates.

Re-Exam form can be filled through nearest Regional Board office.

Admit Card for re-exam will be sent by post.
31st May 2017, 08:54 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Since your son has failed in three subjects so your son is not eligible for appearing in compartmental examination which would mean a loss of academic year.

Further for clearing his Class 12th degree he will have to reappear in his Class 12th board examination next year as a private candidate.

Also to appear as a private candidate you will have to mindful of filling of application form for Class 12th board examination online on the official link of CBSE during the last quarter of every year. For more help and assistance regarding the filling the form as a private candidate you must keep in touch with present school management.

For more details and updates regarding the norms for appearing in Class 12th board examination as a private candidate you can refer to the link www.cbse.nic.in.
31st May 2017, 09:00 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

If your son has failed in 3 subjects in 12th Commerce, there is a provision to appear for these subjects in supplementary exams.

Generally the dates and the fees and application process for supplementary exams will be announced along with the announcement of results of 12th class.

If your son has failed in 3 subjects irrespective of good attempt, better to apply for revaluation or re-counting by paying the respective fees.

If your son has failed with a margin of 2-3 marks, definitely there is a scope for the addition of those 2-3 marks.

If it did not fetch results, supplementary exams are the next option which will be conducted within 1-2 months from the date of announcement of actual results.

Have good preparation for supplementary exams and try to clear these subjects.

If your son is unable to clear these 3 subjects even in supplementary exams also, which means there is a loss of academic year.

He has to give those exams again in the next year along with Juniors or the next batch students.

Better to clear in supplementary exams itself. 1 year academic career loss will always be a problem in the future especially for the job opportunities.
31st May 2017, 11:01 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

There will be no any problem in appearing improvement examination. You can appear as a private candidate from any of the board either State Board or CBSE Board. you need to follow same procedures as you have followed this year. there will be no change in syllabus as well as subjects. If you want to change any subject then you can also change it. There will be no any problem in subject selection.
17th July 2018, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

I failed in one subject ,I know there is provision of compartment exam but could I appear next year as a regular candidate in all five subject without getting pass in compartment exam?
6th August 2020, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

If a student is failed in maths subject (25)marks then what student should do .
24th January 2022, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

MOST RESPECTED SIR DUE TO LAKE OF FACILITIES IN MY AREA I HAVE MISS MY ASSIGMENT ONLY ONE SUBJECT SO THATS WHY MY SAMESTER IS INCOMPLETE TOTLAY THATS ONLY ONE ASSIGMENT PLEASE GUIDE ME WHAT I CAN DO THESE ISSUE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?