20th December 2012, 10:16 PM
deepu rajput

How should I start preparation for IES exam?

i mean from where i started my ies exam prepration and how i will make the starateogy for this exam in order to crack this exam with ease ?

21st July 2013, 04:56 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How should I start preparation for IES exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepu rajput View Post
i mean from where i started my ies exam prepration and how i will make the starateogy for this exam in order to crack this exam with ease ?
Hi Rajput

Assuming you to be a final year student of B.Tech, generally when every student get thought about his career. This is the right time to start your preparation. It would be an added advantage if you fall below final year B.Tech also. Anyway. How much time you spent on preparation is not that we should worry about. How many months you prepared for it really is what matters.

Start off with basic core books say if you belong to electronics, start with Mc Millans Electronic Devices and Circuits. Depending upon syllabus you should plan your preparation. If you don't want take coaching then you have to keep in mind of one thing that is distraction and lack of interest. This two will hunt you throughout your self preparation.

If you are planning for a formal coaching it will make your work easy. Anyway that is not our concern. IES exam is conducted by UPSC it expects candidates to be exceptional. Their style of recruitment is well known to scholars and candidates who already attempted its exams.

Don't leave any topic in the syllabus. We really can't expect from where the question might be asked. Don't over expect or under mine the paper. At this point of time your aim should be understand the engineering concept very clearly and practically. It is the subject knowledge which will help you in exams like UPSC.

Making strategy for yourself should be out from you, you might also experiment someone else's but it will help a very little you should experiment yourself and check whether its working or you need rethink about your plan. In this way in less than one month you will figure out your strategy.

To understand one's preparation Mock exams are very crucial. It is not how much time you study. It is all about how much you understood out of that spent time. Hope you are following me. At first you might think all this as philosophical but reality will be very close to what I have mentioned above.

Right planning + Strategy + Hardwork + Mock Analysis + Application of what you understood === success.

It is not late, get green signal from your brain to start the preparation. Make a start today itself. Why to waste time? We have odd 60 years in this world, Already 20 gone. Remaining is in your hands.

Best Wishes
Regards
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?