15th March 2010, 01:59 PM
d-jaY

I want to do something interesting but my parents are forcing me to engineering

i am a sci student & i jus gave my boards. my parents r forcing me to do engineering while i dont feel interested in it. i jus want to do somethin out of the box. i've got good english proficiency. they r forcing me like hell . i dont feel like living. helpppp me out.
i hate my parents

17th March 2010, 10:46 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: I want to do something interesting but my parents are forcing me to engineering

dude ,
parents are never wrong.....what ever they are thinking for you ...is by their life long experience.......they know what will be good for you.......now if you want to do any thing else like other than engineering then .....you must first know what exactly you want to do ........you can not hate them and can not oppose them .....but at least you can convince your parents for what you want to do.......convince them that by doing what you want to do .....you will be most comfortable and live happy ........try to tell them about the field you want to go for ...their merits and scope........

lately or soon they will understand your feelings......
but try ......because that is what you can do......at this time.......

best of luck
18th March 2010, 01:37 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Default Re: I want to do something interesting but my parents are forcing me to engineering

dude do not worry..
some parents are not good in the sense they do not know
how to treat your own child ....
but you understand your parents and treat like good parents
and see movie three idiots ..with him...
and you respect your parents very well...
and engineering is not bad ..
engineering have many branches you choose your own choice...
like automobile,aeronautical,mechanical,information technology,computer science,production,civil,bio tech,leather tech,,and many more
so you obey last time your parents choice,,,
then i think every thing is going all right.. good luck..
18th March 2010, 11:27 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Try and start standing up to him. Keep studying by all means by try and show the personality you want to show.
20th March 2010, 01:01 PM
pritirai

hi
not say like this . first ask them why they want so? then try to make them agree with your interest. according to me you should do in which you are interested but obeying our parents is also one of our duty. so talk to them tell your wishes listen to their wishes also. then take the decision . bad never again say your parents are bad . try to under them . i do.

take nice decision .
25th March 2010, 09:14 PM
rajeshingarhwa

dear friend,
put it like this.your parents are more concerned for you .thay have seen more world than you.so they have the right to make a decision for your career .but if you see the another side of the coin it is you who is pursuing your degree.so please do something which you are interested in doing.
all the best.
27th March 2010, 08:17 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend
do not get angry on your parents.
please sit with your parents politely and discuss what you want with them .
still if it does not work then say someone very close to you.convey your message by them.
parents always think good of there son/daughter.
they will certainly take the decision in your favor.
good luck.
27th March 2010, 08:18 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend
do not get angry on your parents.
please sit with your parents politely and discuss what you want with them .
still if it does not work then say someone very close to you.convey your message by them.
parents always think good of there son/daughter.
they will certainly take the decision in your favor.
good luck.
28th March 2010, 07:59 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

oh its a very seriouis problem faced by most of the students but the best solutuin is be determined with your decision try to convince them about what you want to do and if stil they dont agree then show them 3 IDIOTS
29th March 2010, 12:04 AM
nalanda
Senior Member++

dear friend,
it is very unfortunate that you are not allowed to pursue what you are interested in.i would ask you to convince them about what you want to become.i am pretty much sure that you and your parents will sort out the problem.
thank you and all the best.
26th June 2010, 10:53 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-jaY View Post
i am a sci student & i jus gave my boards. my parents r forcing me to do engineering while i dont feel interested in it. i jus want to do somethin out of the box. i've got good english proficiency. they r forcing me like hell . i dont feel like living. helpppp me out.
i hate my parents
You must not hate your parents. They are doing this for your well being. For a non medical student engineering is the most interesting thing to do. There is nano technology, aeronautical engineering and so many other streams that can change your future. This is the only thing which is out of box. Otherwise you can do bsc, bca, bcom, ba, bba etc like so many indian students.
Choice is yours
6th August 2010, 11:00 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

Don't loose your hopes like this..parents certainly want the well being of their child.

Just try to convince them politely as you are the one who can understand about their feelings in best ways.

If your words does not work,then try to convey messages by a person who can make them realise easily.

I hope they will listen to you if you explain clearly what course you want to do for further studies,tell bout the future prospects of the course.

I am sure they will point it out and every thing will be fine..

So don't worry...be optimistic and positive..

Best of luck!
6th August 2010, 11:01 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

Don't loose your hopes like this..parents certainly want the well being of their child.

Just try to convince them politely as you are the one who can understand about their feelings in best ways.

If your words does not work,then try to convey messages by a person who can make them realise easily.

I hope they will listen to you if you explain clearly what course you want to do for further studies,tell bout the future prospects of the course.

I am sure they will point it out and every thing will be fine..

So don't worry...be optimistic and positive..

Best of luck!
30th March 2011, 05:18 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
parents are never wrong.....what ever they are thinking for you ...is by their life long experience.......they know what will be good for you.......now if you want to do any thing else like other than engineering then .....you must first know what exactly you want to do ........you can not hate them and can not oppose them .....but at least you can convince your parents for what you want to do.......convince them that by doing what you want to do .....you will be most comfortable and live happy ........try to tell them about the field you want to go for ...their merits and scope........

lately or soon they will understand your feelings......
but try ......because that is what you can do......at this time.......

Thanks
16th May 2011, 12:00 AM
Anjali_sohal

Look dear, engineering is so outta the box. May be you're feeling your parents are not supporting you with your choices, because you just wanna rebel. Not that i mean that you intentionally wanna rebel 'em, but accept it, teens always have 'rebel' thing in them.. Think about it.. But if you've really gotta do something that, you believe, is your cup of tea, then prove your abilities to your parents. Tell 'em that you wanna do 'this' rather than telling 'em you don't wanna do what they say but something outta the box. This would just create more problems. Be particular with what you wanna do and you're life may go rock n' roll. Best of luck!
16th July 2013, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

Plssss help me. I hav got a major crisis in choosing my career. I hav finished my boards with a 96% in CBSE. I hav got decent ranks in both engg and medical entrance exams which means i am eligible for both. I hav deep interest in engg bcz i love math and physics. But my family and all relatives are forcing me to do medicine and tats making me feel like the end of world. Now i will be happy to do engg but will hav to go against my entire family. To do medicine i will hav my family around and still i will be unhappy about my career. Pls put yourself in my shoes and advice me. I haven't got much time i must come to a decision in 3 days.
18th June 2014, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

U know wt....if you dont wann b thn dont... I also dnt wantd b an enggir..bt I hd to fo this..now m detain..n m suffering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?