18th October 2017, 12:14 AM
chetan vimal

Is it mandatory to give maths paper of NDA for a PCB student?

I mean that I have not taken maths in 11th so how can I clear the maths
Paper comes in NDA and if necessary so what to do for it? or it can be skipped and join directly? Can you please give me the details soon on this? Thank you!

19th October 2017, 11:22 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to give maths paper of NDA for a PCB student?

It is mandatory to appear in Mathematics ( Paper I ) of NDA examination. Candidates are eligible for SSB ( 2nd stages ) only after qualifying in written stages of examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. Although you do not have mathematics in your 12th std, you have to appear and qualify in paper for recruitment in NDA.

For detail information regarding examination syllabus and selection procedure visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
19th October 2017, 11:22 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not mandatory to give maths paper in 12th standard being a PCB student for joining in NDA. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any discipline from a recognised board are eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Army. It is mandatory that you should have passed Physics and Mathematics subjects in your 12th standard to be eligible to join Indian Navy or Air Force through NDA examination.
19th October 2017, 01:11 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and same examination is held by UPSC in two stages which includes Written Test and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively. Further the Written test includes two papers namely Mathematics and General Ability Test.

As far as you are concerned about the possibility to skip Mathematics paper of Written test as you have not pursued Mathematics at your Class 12th level then it is not possible as it is a compulsory papers for all applicants irrespective of their stream of academics at Class 12th. Also you need to qualify Mathematics paper in order to qualify NDA entrance examination.

But you just not have to be too much worried regarding the same issue as you can take coaching for your preparations based on pattern of examination. You can even practice through the books by Arihant or Upkar Publications for NDA examination preparations.

For more details regarding NDA entrance examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
19th October 2017, 02:02 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to join Indian Navy or Air Force through NDA examination then, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics and Chemistry subjects from a Government recognised board. It is not mandatory to pursue Mathematics subject in 12th standard, if you are interested to join Indian Army through NDA examination. So, being a 12th standard PCB student, you are eligible to join only in Indian Army and you are not eligible to join in Indian Navy or Air Force.
19th October 2017, 02:06 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan vimal View Post
I mean that I have not taken maths in 11th so how can I clear the maths
Paper comes in NDA and if necessary so what to do for it? or it can be skipped and join directly? Can you please give me the details soon on this? Thank you!

Yes, you is necessary to give maths paper in NDA (National Defence Academy) exam, because written exam consists of one paper of mathematics which is necessary to clear NDA exam , so you are not allowed to skip maths paper. Here below are details regarding Selection procedure and eligibility conditions for NDA exam:-

>> NDA exam is carried out twice in a year by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) to recruit eligible candidate for Indian defence services (Navy Army, Airforce).

>> As you have done 10+2 in medical stream, then you can only eligible to apply for Indian army, because to apply for Indian navy and air force it is compulsory to studied mathematics in 10+2.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Exam:-

>> Applicant must be Indian citizen.

>> Applicant must be physically and mentally fit.

>> Minimum qualification required to apply for NDA exam is 10+2 in science stream from government recognized board.

>> Only unmarried candidates are allowed to apply for NDA exam.

>> Only male candidates are allowed to apply for NDA exam.

Selection Procedure for NDA:- Selection procedure based on three steps of selection and are as mentioned below:-

1) Written exam.

:- Written exam consists of two papers that are Paper I is of mathematics and Paper II is of general ability.

2) SSB Interview.

3) Medical exam.

>> For more details please visit www.upsc.gov.in.
7th April 2018, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

How can a PCB student clear NDA if he/she wants to become a doctor in the army and serve our nation ?
25th April 2019, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

If i am not having Mathematics in my 12th std then how can i appear for mathematics paper. Is it there any other option instead of mmathematics.??
15th September 2021, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

If you want to become an army doctor,you have to clear NEET first then you have to opt for an MBBS couse in the Armed Forces Medical college (AFMC) in Pune.
Here you will have;
1) Paper I - English language, Comprehension and Logical Reasoning
2) Physical Test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?