24th June 2018, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

Mechanical or Agricultural, which has better scope to study in BTech?

Hello everyone, I have got 95.5% marks in my 12th Board exam. I have also secured 6266 rank in KEAM and getting both Agricultural Engineering and Mechanical Engineering to study in BTech course. I want to know which one has better scope. Please help me to know about this.

25th June 2018, 12:34 PM
KALAIVANI1312
Junior Member+

Default Re: Mechanical or Agricultural, which has better scope to study in BTech?

Agricultural Engineering in B.Tech this branch is highly job oriented Particularly in an Agrarian country like India, Agricultural Engineering professionals are in demand,this branch will ensure one a good job.
25th June 2018, 02:33 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Mechanical or Agricultural, which has better scope to study in BTech?

B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) in Agriculural or Mechanical engineering are graduation level degrees. The duration of the courses is 4 years.

The basic eligibility required for studying this course is a 10+2 in PCM subjects from any recognized board.

Both courses have their own importance and future scope. The job opportunities are more for mechanical engineering compared to agricultural engineering. The scope for mechanical engineering candidates is high in government & private sector. The salary is also high for mechanical engineering compared to agricultural engineering.

Mechanical engineering jobs:
- Technician
- Sales engineer
- Manager
- Process development technologist
- Assistant professor
- Laboratory
- Design engineer and etc.,

Agricultural engineer jobs:
- Agricultural sales engineer
- Manufacturing manager
- Sales manager
- Researcher
- Agriculture program manager and etc.,
25th June 2018, 05:13 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

This depends upon your interest that in which field you want to go. Mechanical Engineering has its own value where as agriculture has its own value. We cannot compare these two.

It is safe to say that number of government job posts are available for graduates. Bachelor of engineering graduates may join agriculture departments of different state governments. They may easily land Officer post in this department.

Moreover if you complete your graduation in mechanical engineering then you will have more job opportunities in private companies.
25th June 2018, 10:44 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge, you should go for Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering course for your bright future. B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering is an undergraduate Mechanical Engineering course. The duration of this course is four years.

The name of best jobs for you after completing this course are given below.

=> Automobile Industries

=> Communication Companies

=> Steel Industries

=> Computer Industries

=> Power Generation Industries

=> Chemical Industries

=> Aerospace Industries

=> Paper Industries
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?