11th March 2018, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Minimum and maximum age limit for female candidates for joining Indian Navy?

I'm Sandhya Chidarla. I have completed my graduation engineering in the stream of Information Technology and my age is 24 (17-01-1993). Am I eligible for Indian Navy? Lately I got to know about the navy. Can you please help me and any chance to get in?

21st March 2018, 10:04 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum and maximum age limit for female candidates for joining Indian Navy?

No, the female candidates are not eligible to join Indian Navy as per UPSC CDS examination notification. The age criteria required to apply for Indian Navy through CDS examination is 20 to 24 years. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to apply for CDS examination. So, being a female candidate, you are not eligible to apply for CDS examination for joining in Indian Navy.
22nd March 2018, 12:00 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum and maximum age limit for female candidates for joining Indian Navy?

1. At bachelor's degree level entrance examination like Combined Defence Services is conducted by UPSC for entry into Indian Naval Academy. The age limit for Indian Naval academy is 19-22 years.

2. You have already crossed the upper age limit to apply for CDS exam. However, you can apply for CDS exam for entry into Officer's training academy. The upper age limit for OTA is 25 years.
23rd March 2018, 12:01 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Being a girl candidate the only option available for your in Indian Navy or any wings of defense services is the option of becoming a commissioned officer and that through CDS(Combined Defense Service).

Furthur to join CDS you need to qualify CDS entrance examination which is twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes written Examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination for joining Indian Navy are hereunder:

1. You must have the nationality of India.

2. Age limit: 19 - 22 years.

3. You must have completed your graduation in a bachelor of engineering/ technology degree course from a recognized university. Students pursuing a final year of the same degree are also eligible.

4. You must satisfy the physical and mental fitness requirement norm as per the service requirement.

So, you are not eligible for Indian Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?