13th September 2021, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Minimum percentage required for MTech admission in IIT or NIT?

Hi I'm Ritish I'm currently in btech 4th year (civil engg) and my cgpa is 6.5 and I'm preparing for gate and I'm really interested in doing masters so can my cgpa ( which is 6.5 ) get me a admission in any of the iit or nit. And what is the minimum percentage required to get into a iit or nit

15th September 2021, 09:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum percentage required for MTech admission in IIT or NIT?

As far as you are concerned about the minimum percentage of marks required in B.Tech degree course to pursue M.Tech from IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) then I would like to let you know that it is not fixed and varies with different IITs.

But, as per the trend for all IIT M.Tech admissions, the percentage marks criteria is around 60% to 65% marks in aggregate (or 6.0 to 6.5 to 7.0 CGPA).

For exact information regarding different IITs, you can refer to the official website of concerned IIT.
15th September 2021, 09:43 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Admission in IITs or NITs in M.Tech offered on the basis of GATE.

So, you have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination for admission in M.Tech course.
15th September 2021, 09:48 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Minimum percentage required for MTech admission in IIT or NIT?

Minimum percentage required for MTech admission in IIT or NIT?

Tech Eligibility Criteria for NITs. The applicants must have a valid GATE score. For OC/ OBC category candidates, B.E/ B. Tech from a recognized institute or university with at least 60% or 6.5 CGPA out of 10 is mandatory to be considered for the admission/counseling process.
15th September 2021, 09:50 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Minimum CPI of 6.0 or 55% of marks in the qualifying degree/diploma as indicated below: Note: (a) All regular category candidates (except those having BTech/BDes degrees from an IIT with a minimum CPI of 7.0) must possess a valid score of all India Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED).
15th September 2021, 10:02 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Minimum percentage required for MTech admission in IIT or NIT:-

All regular category candidates (except those having BTech/BDes degrees from an IIT with a minimum CPI of 7.0) must possess a valid score of all India Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED).
16th September 2021, 11:36 PM
Minal F

Candidates must have B.tech degree with minimum 50% marks.CPI OF 7.0 SO you will get admission in MTech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?