17th February 2021, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to get CBSE 1st standard admission for an LKG student?

Hi, my son will be 6 years of age in 2 months. He is in LKG and we are thinking to skip UKG owing to the COVID. Is it possible to get him admission to 1st standard under CBSE norms? I am worried that he will loose out 1 year and also his age limit might be a matter.

26th February 2021, 01:48 PM
Maahi14

Default Re: Possibility to get CBSE 1st standard admission for an LKG student?

Yes, he can get admission in CBSE 1st standard. As you said he is 6 years old and the minimum age criteria required for the child to take admission in Class 1 in CBSE school is 5 years 6 months as on 31st March of the year of admission.
28th February 2021, 06:55 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, my son will be 6 years of age in 2 months. He is in LKG and we are thinking to skip UKG owing to the COVID. Is it possible to get him admission to 1st standard under CBSE norms? I am worried that he will loose out 1 year and also his age limit might be a matter.
As of now admission are going on but classes won't be conducted offline platform till primary grades. Classes comenses from July onwards. The child must be 5 year old.
You need to submit addmission relevant documents like birth certificate,ID proff and admission application form.
12th June 2021, 12:18 AM
Afreen0786

The Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE) is a national level board of education in India for public and private schools

Age limit: Admission to LKG is 3 years 6 months

For UKG it is 4 years 6 months

for 1st class it is 5 years 6 months.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?