9th December 2018, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to join Indian Navy for a candidate with 54.2% in 12th Science?

Hi everyone, I have got 54.2% marks in my 12th standard with Science stream. It is my dream to join Indian Navy and serve my Nation. But with this percentage of marks, I don't think that it is possible. Kindly tell me if it is possible.

13th December 2018, 04:22 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Navy for a candidate with 54.2% in 12th Science?

Having completed you Class 12th in Science stream even with just 54.2% marks, you are eligible for joining Indian Navy both as a sailor and as a commissioned officer.

For joining as a commissioned office, you are required to qualify NDA ( National Defense Academy ) entrance examination. Also, for appearing in these examinations, you are required to be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

While for joining as a sailor, you are required to qualify its recruitment process for appearing in which you need to be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 17 years to 21 years. Physical fitness as per the service requirement is must in both the entries.

For more details and updates regarding different entries available in Indian Navy, you can refer to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
13th December 2018, 07:37 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Navy for a candidate with 54.2% in 12th Science?

To become an officer in Indian Navy you have to appear and qualify in the NDA examination.

It is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from a recognised board. It is mandatory to have Physics and Mathematics to qualify for the Indian Navy.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
13th December 2018, 10:22 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for National Defence Academy entrance exam conducted by UPSC for joining Indian Navy after 54% marks in 12th science stream.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

1. PCM science stream candidates can only apply for NDA exam for Navy and Air Force.

2. Age limit is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

3. Unmarried male Indian citizens can apply.

You will have to clear written test and SSB for final selection.
13th December 2018, 11:10 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> As per my knowledge, you are eligible to join Indian Navy after completing 12th with 54.2% in Science.

=> Candidate should have passed 12th class with PCM subjects from a recognized board.

=> There is no percentage requirement.
14th December 2018, 05:26 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Indian Navy after qualifying in NDA examination. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination. It is conducted in two stages. The two stages are :-

Written.

SSB.

So,you have to appear and qualify in both stages for final selection. You need to do better preparation to qualify in the examination. To get more information visit at www,upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2018, 06:37 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible for any candidates to join Indian Navy after scoring 54.2% marks in 12th science stream. There is no percentage criteria of marks in National Defence Academy examination.

Candidates who have done 12th from a recognized board with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects can apply for NDA exam for Navy. The age criteria for all category candidate is 16.5 to 19.5 years.
15th December 2018, 09:10 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

As you have passed 12th standard, so you can join Indian Navy after qualifying NDA Exam.

To be eligible for Indian Navy wing of NDA, you must have passed 12th with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.

There is no such certain percentage criteria to be secured in 12th standard for being eligible for NDA Exam.

So, you can join apply for upcoming NDA Exam if you meet eligibility requirements like age criteria, Physics and Mathematics combination in 12th standard.
15th December 2018, 12:33 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed 12th in Science ( Mathematics and Physics ) in 12th are eligible to appear for NDA.

NDA is conducted twice in a year. The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in both stages for final selection. So, you can apply for the examination.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. There is no minimum required aggregate to appear in the examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC so more details is available at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?