20th March 2020, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Possibility of pursuing MBBS after completion of M.Sc Nursing?

Hi, I have completed my M.Sc Nursing and now I wish to do MBBS. Is it a better options? Will I get any exemption from year 1 and year 2 of MBBS based of M.Sc Nursing? What are other better career options available apart from MBBS after M.Sc Nursing?

22nd March 2020, 04:33 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of pursuing MBBS after completion of M.Sc Nursing?

After M.Sc. Nursing, if you are looking to pursue MBBS course, then you will have to take fresh admission for MBBS course.

There is no such lateral entry process to get 1 or 2 years relaxation. You will have to take admission in MBBS as a regular candidate.

Other than pursuing courses, you can get into jobs for the posts like Nursing instructor, Nursing supervisor, Nurse assistant, ICU Nurse, Clinical Nurse Manager and many more.

Some of the reputed firms hire M.Sc. Nursing graduates like:
  • Colombia Asia
  • Apollo
  • Dr. Lal Path Labs
  • Indian Red Cross Society
  • Indian Nursing Council
  • Fortis
  • Max Healthcare

However, if you are keen towards pursuing higher education, then you can do Ph.D. in Nursing.

It is a full time 4-year graduation course that you can pursue from following institutes like:
  • Armed Forces Medical College - [AFMC], Pune
  • Jawaharlal Institute Of Post Graduate Medical Education And Research - [JIPMER], Pondicherry
  • Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University - [GGSIPU]
  • Noida International University - [NIU], Gautam Budh Nagar
  • Madras Medical College - [MMC], Chennai
  • All India Institute Of Medical Sciences - [AIIMS]
  • Christian Medical College - [CMC], Vellore
23rd March 2020, 10:00 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of pursuing MBBS after completion of M.Sc Nursing?

The first thing I would like to let you know that the minimum education required to pursue MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree course is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects from a recognised board of education.

So, if you hold the above mentioned educational qualification then you are eligible to pursue MBBS degree course otherwise not irrespective of your higher educational qualification.

Also, the duration of the same course remains the same i.e; 5.5 years( including an year of intership) for all candidates irrespective of their highest educational qualification which in your case is M.Sc. in Nursing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?