11th April 2019, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to secure MBBS admission in AIIMS, New Delhi through OBC certificate of Maharashtra?

Hello Sir/Madam, I am an OBC candidate of Maharashtra. But I did my 10th and 12th from New Delhi. I want to get admission in AIIMS, New Delhi for MBBS course. So, can I use my OBC certificate of Maharashtra?

14th April 2019, 09:03 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to secure MBBS admission in AIIMS, New Delhi through OBC certificate of Maharashtra?

Since, AIIMS is a national institute hence for admission in AIIMS under reserved category you need to have the caste certificate as per the Central list rather than state list.

Hence, if your caste comes under the OBC category in both the Central list and Maharashtra government list then only your OBC certificate issued by Maharashtra government will be valid otherwise you need to get a caste certificate as per the union government list for availing the reservation or relaxation facilities offered to candidates from reserved category.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?