28th June 2019, 02:32 PM
Eshika sarkar

Possibility of studying Agriculture for candidates from Arts background?

I have passed 10+2 (Intermediate) Board exams from Arts stream. Can I apply for BA or B.Sc in Agriculture? If not, then what should I do to become eligible? What if I pass the entrance?

30th June 2019, 03:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of studying Agriculture for candidates from Arts background?

Having completed your Class 12th in Arts stream, you are eligible not eligible to pursue degree course in Agriculture as for the same, you need to have completed your Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology/Agriculture as main subjects from a recognised board of education.

So, to pursue a degree course in Agriculture, you will have to reappear in your higher secondary school degree course with Science stream.

Also, for pursuing degree course in Agriculture from top agricultural colleges, you need to qualify entrance examinations such as State CETs, AIEEA UG held by ICAR, or various universities admission test.
30th June 2019, 07:00 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of studying Agriculture for candidates from Arts background?

Having completed your Class 12th in Arts stream there is no possibility for you to pursue B.Sc. in Agriculture degree course as to pursue the same degree course you need to have completed your Class 12th with PCM or PCB or PCAgri. group from a recognised board of examination.

In case you are interested to pursue a degree course in Agriculture for sure, then for that you need to once again pursue your Class 12th with Science stream in anyone of the above mentioned subject combination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?