15th December 2010, 05:52 PM
karthikjayraj

Is it possible to do B.Pharmacy course after completing 12th Commerce?

Hi,
My sister has completed her 12th in CBSE with Commerce stream in the year 2000 , due to some personal reasons(I'd like to leave the details just to that much) she could not continue her studies.

Since she has taken up Commerce can she apply for B.Pharmacy course?

15th December 2010, 11:49 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to do B.Pharmacy course after completing 12th Commerce?

hi!

Sorry, but it is not possible to do BParmacy for commerce stream students.

BPharma eligibility:
Students who have completed the 10+2 or equivalent examination, with physics, chemistry and biology / mathematics are eligible for Diploma in Pharmacy as also the Bachelor's degree programme (B.Pharm.)
16th December 2010, 06:08 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do B.Pharmacy course after completing 12th Commerce?

Since she is from a commerce background she is not eligible for Pharmacy course. It is important that the should have studied the science subjects in 12th standard. The gap should not be a problem in pursuing higher studies.
16th December 2010, 11:55 AM
nikii jain

no, i dont think that a commerce student of 12 th can apply for b.pharmacy because commerce and biology are 2 very different subjects.
16th December 2010, 12:13 PM
jansie

generally,, science stream students(specially medical students) are elligible to apply for B.Pharmacy
but you still can get a chance
before b.pharma, you'll have to apply for 'D.pharma', which is some kind of basic diploma kind of course before b.pharma
but first your sis should be prepared as she may face some difficulties getting there and also during the course as she is from commerce side
so first she should apply for d.pharma
all the best!
16th December 2010, 01:52 PM
yashdna

dear
For b.pharm course at least science /maths or bio 12th essential .
As per indian pharmacy council.
16th December 2010, 01:56 PM
yashdna

no its not possible because according indian pharmacy council min. Qualifications for b.pharm is 12th science bio/maths.
Thanks
16th December 2010, 02:05 PM
swatichauhan

according to me she cant do b.pharma....
its because for b.pharma science(physic ,chemistry, and biology) is required in 12th...
why is she doing b.pharma....
she can go for b.com or CA/ICWA...
THESE couses having gud scope for commerce students.....
16th December 2010, 05:27 PM
vipulmit08

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikjayraj View Post
Hi,
My sister has completed her 12th in CBSE with Commerce stream in the year 2000 , due to some personal reasons(I'd like to leave the details just to that much) she could not continue her studies.

yes brother nothing to worry , it is possible what she only have to do that she only apply for MP PET with bio. the forms are available from feburary onwards.
20th February 2011, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

can a commerce student can do b.tech in chemicals after 12th ??? please do tell it's really vry urgent
2nd March 2011, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

I AM B.COM 2nd YEAR STUDENT.I HAD PASSED 12TH FROM COMM. STREAM,CAN I DO D.PHARMA
2nd March 2011, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

I AM B.COM 2nd YEAR STUDENT. I HAD PASSED 12 TH FOM COMM. STREAM. CAN I DO D.PHARMA
28th March 2011, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

ya it is possible showing the class 10 marks bhut in b. pharmacy we study 3 yrs but she have to study 5 yrs
29th March 2011, 05:03 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
generally,, science stream students(specially medical students) are elligible to apply for B.Pharmacy
before b.pharma, you'll have to apply for 'D.pharma', which is some kind of basic diploma kind of course before b.pharma
but first your sis should be prepared as she may face some difficulties getting there and also during the course as she is from commerce side
Thanks
2nd April 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

I have just given my 11th standard exams.I have a doubt whether biology is a must for doing pharmacy as I have taken maths and I would also like to know what to do after giving 12th exams if for doing pharmacy
6th April 2011, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

can a twelveth pass without biology can do d pharma
6th April 2011, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

I have just given my 2 standard exams with physics,chemistry,maths,physical education(optional),english board exams. Let me know how to take admission for B.Pharmacy,(entrance exams/direct admission). Please also send me the list of reputed colleges preferably adjoining Punjab area. Thanks.........
13th April 2011, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Hello
I want to ask something.Can 12th passed commerce students enters in medical line.if yes so tell me what are some courses.please reply !!!!
14th April 2011, 09:21 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

dear friend,
14th April 2011, 10:51 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Sorry, B.pharmacy is those for who have stream in 12th class,...That students which have Biology or Maths along with Physics and Chemistry are eligible for B.pharmacy...
16th April 2011, 12:15 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

dear friend,

BPharma eligibility:
Students who have completed the 10+2 or equivalent examination, with physics, chemistry and biology / mathematics are eligible for Diploma in Pharmacy as also the Bachelor's degree programme (B.Pharm.)...

good luck
28th April 2011, 04:30 PM
shubham.dixit082gmail.com

Smile Re: Is it possible to do B.Pharmacy course after completing 12th Commerce?

Sir, recently I have done 10th. so, I want to know that which stream I choose and I also want to do MBBS but it is so tough. so please tell me what to do after 12th with Biology in which I have better oppurtunities.
18th May 2011, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

hi..
i have completed my 12th in bangalore with 35% pcmb science stream... can i do b pharmacy?? if yes where can i do it??
24th May 2011, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12th class with chemistry,math , biology , English , physical education . i have also physics but in physics i m fail . i m passed 12th class by additional subject . can i do B .pharma
27th May 2011, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

Sir,which subjects I may choose in 11th standard to study B-Pharm after my 12th standard..is there will be any problem if I dont choose math???? Is physics and chemistry necessary for B-Pharm????please reply soon..
1st June 2011, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

completed 12th pcm with 55 in phy and 57 chem and 14 in math can i do b pharm
7th July 2011, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

what is the best option to do after completing 12th science with 54% and C.E.T with 76 in pcb and 71 in pcm
15th July 2011, 05:33 PM
pabolu pradeep

Quote:
Hi,

No, for admission into B.PHARMACY course you need to have a pass with 50% in 12th /equivalent to state board with physics , chemistry, biology/mathematics.
18th July 2011, 11:28 PM
k.a.s.raghava

Quote:
Hi,

no ,you cannot enter into B.PHARMACY course after doing your 12th class with commerce stream.For admission into pharmacy , you must be qualified in 12th class/equivalent to state board with physics,chemistry,biology/maths as your subjects.
22nd October 2011, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

My sister wants to do pharmacy after 12 commerce ?
25th December 2011, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am Shreya,a student of class 12th bio. science.I will give boards in 2012 & I want to know what is the procedure for applying b pharma course after class 12th ?
16th February 2012, 07:40 PM
Sagar Keshari

no friend sorry but you cant switch to that one. it need +2 with science stream. but here i am giving you some information in which you can switch to.
There are immense opportunities available for commerce student.
You can do B.Com and appear for professional courses conducted by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, The Institute of Company Secretaries of India, Institute of Cost and Work Accountancy. After getting the professional degree you can get employment in Companies (Public & Private)

You can go in for LLB which again has abundant opportunity with Company Secretary.

You have to choose your interest field and take decision on that basis for example if you are interested in Finance go in for C.A. or C.W.A.
If interested in Law then you can go for LLB with C.S.
and Accounts
The subject matter of the course consists of Law, Taxation, Management

There are other opportunities also available apart from your subjects.
For that you need to know which course you are interested in, then you can go in for-
*Exams conducted by banks
*Graduate diploma in print and web, broadcast or multimedia Journalism
*Bachelor of Business Administration
*Air Hostess
*Acting for Film & Television
*Diploma and Degree in Fashion Design, Fashion Marketing and Management
*Diploma and Degree in Graphic Design
*Diploma and Degree in Jewellery Design
*Diploma in 3D Animation- Expert
*Diploma in Game Art, Pre-Production and Game Design
*Anchoring
*B.A (Hospitality Management)
*B.A (Political Science)
*B.A. (Hons.) Humanities and Social Sciences
*B.A. (Hons.) in Retail Management with Marketing
*B.Com+ Cosmic Certified Accountant (CCA)
*B.Com. (Computers)
*B.Com. Corporate Secretaryship etc.

All the best
16th February 2012, 11:18 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hi,

HI!
I am sorry to say that she is not eligible for B.Pharma...

For B.Pharma course she have to pass the 12th with physics, chemistry and biology..

She can do other course like:-
> B.Com
> B.B.A
> B.B.F
> B.B.F
etc

GOOD LUCK!
29th February 2012, 03:56 PM
edward1989

all the best!
3rd April 2012, 02:41 AM
Unregistered

who said after 12th commerce you can take addmission in d.pharm.
i think it's not possible
2nd June 2012, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

is biology a compulsory subject for 12th science to take admission to b.pharm? can pcm in 12th can be ok for admission to pharmacy?
15th June 2012, 11:46 AM
sagar R.kachhadiya
Member+

hi,friend
No.you can not persue B.pharm If you not belong to science stream.
B.pharm is the bachelor of pharmany and can be done only in science stream.so If you belong to science stream,then and then you can do only B.pharm.If you not belong with science stream ,then you can not do B.pharm.
now you have one option that you can do Diploma in pharmcy on the base of 10th result and have to pass diploma in pharmcy with good percentage then you can get admission in the B.pharm on the base of percentage secured in diploma in pharmcy.

best of luck....
19th September 2012, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

I WANT A MEDICAL PHARMACY BUT I M COMMERCE STUDENT SO I CAN DO MY MEDICAL PHARMACY COURSE PLSS SUGGEST ME
31st October 2012, 06:26 PM
manas.1989

according to me she cant do b.pharma....
its because for b.pharma science(physic ,chemistry, and biology) is required in 12th...
why is she doing b.pharma....
she can go for b.com or CA/ICWA...
THESE couses having gud scope for commerce students.....
15th February 2013, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

I am b com passes i want to b phaemecy
20th February 2013, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

i am 12th pass commerce group can i do diploma in pharmcy cources .
20th February 2013, 09:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry commerce students can not apply for B.Pharm course. So you are definitely not eligible for B.Pharm.

Eligibility for B.Pharm. Course:

-10+2 pass with Physics , Chemistry and Biology from a recognised Board of Education.

-D.Pharm. passouts can apply for Lateral Entry into 2nd year B.Pharm.

Admission is mainly based on the entrance examination conducted by various Universities.

Those who get a good rank in entrance will get their choice of college.

As you are not eligible for B.Pharm hence you have to look for other options.

You can apply for following courses :

-Bachelor in Commerce

-BBA

-Chartered Accountancy

There are many options but you have to make your decision.

Science field is a specific field and if you haven't studied science as subject in 10+2 then there is no chance of getting admission into it.

But there are many other options for you which are very good nowadays.
21st February 2013, 09:13 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

No, it is not possible to do B. Pharmacy after completing 12th Commerce.

The eligible candidate having either completed 12th from Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, mathematics and Biology or having completed D.Pharma is eligible to apply for B.Pharma course.

As you have completed 12th Commerce, you can apply for under Graduate studies like:-

B.Com. -Bachelor of Commerce
LL.B. - Bachelor of Law (5 Years Integrated LL.B. degree)

Otherwise you may opt for any professional course after 12th Commerce:-

CA - Chartered Accountancy
CS - Company Secretary
CWA- Cost and Work Accountant
21st February 2013, 01:34 PM
Beawar

Dear..

First of all let me tell you that she is not able to do the course as there are many eligibility criteria and qualification needed for the course and she will not fit in that eligibility criteria required to do B.Pharma

Eligibility :-

Candidate must be a class 12th pass candidate
Science Biology should be the main subject of the candidate
There is no age limit
There is a percentage limit of 40% marks
Relaxation to reserved category student.

Now tell me why she wants to shift to B.Pharma when there are option available to you which are way better then that of B.Pharma. Best course for a commerce student aftr 12th class is as follows :-

1. CA
2. ICWA
3. CS
4. B.Com
5. BBA

After BBA and B.com she can even move to MBA also which will help her more then that of B.Pharma. Please do not go with what other says tell her to select the best one available.

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
28th February 2013, 08:43 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Karthik,

Sorry to say but your sister can not do pharmacy course if she has passed 12th with Commerce stream.

To be eligible to pursue the Pharmacy course , you need to have the following qualifications :

a) You must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your key subjects.

b) There is no age limit for this course.

c) You need a minimum of 45% marks in 12th to get eligibility for this course.

d) There is a relaxation in 5% marks for those candidates who belong to Reserved Categories.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
4th March 2013, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

ON BASIS 10TH CAN STUDENT APPLY DIPLOMA COURGE IN PHARMACY
17th April 2013, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

if i wnt to do p
this course wht can i do
26th April 2013, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

i am B.com from mumbai university and now i want to do Diploma In Pharmacy course which are institutions available in india
4th May 2013, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

can i do after 12th d.pharma
7th May 2013, 03:16 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

My dear friend,

It is impossible to go for B.Pharmacy because you have not completed your 12th with science.And for B.Pharma science is compulsory.

As you have completed your 12th with commerce so you have to go only for the commerce related schemes not for the B.Pharma.

If you have completed your 12th either with medical stream or with the non-medical stream,then only after you become an eligible for it.

Otherwise you are eligible only for the commerce related streams like B.Com,BBA,BCA etc.But this also depends upon your subjects in 12th i.e.whether with mathematics or without mathematics.

You can go for any of the graduation course which you want.This totally depends upon you and your stream and your interest and choice.

Courses after 12th with Commerce:

1.BCA
2.B.Com
3.BBA
4.B.A. (Fashion Communication)
5.B.B.A (Honours)
6.B.B.M (Bachelor of Business Management)
7.B.Com (Honors)
8.B.Com (Professional )
9.B.Com (Financial Accounting)
10.B.Com (Banking & Insurance)
11.B.M.S.
12.B.Sc (Business Computing and Information Systems)
13.BA (Hons) Marketing & Advertising Management
14.Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) - Hotel Management
15.B. Com (Accounting & Finance)- BAF

These are the courses for which you can go.Choose any one according to your choice.

Thank u!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?