22nd July 2015, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to take honours from 2nd year of B.Com?

I got 63% in the bcom 1st year in punjab university.
Now i am thinking to take honours. please provide the details like honours eligibility and honours paper passing marks

14th August 2015, 04:52 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to take honours from 2nd year of B.Com?

You did not take honours ion the first year. I would not say that it was a wise decision. You should have taken honours course in the very beginning. I have never heard of a rule where you can take honours for only 2 years. An honours course is meant for three years. If you miss the first year, then you must continue your pass course for the next two years. No college will allow you to take honours in the second year.
Instead, I am going to suggest you a second option. Drop this year and again take admission in first year. This time take honours in commerce. You have the potential. You can shine in honours. It is just a matter of one year. Think about it.
11th September 2017, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

Its possible to change b.com Hons 2nd year to b.com program 2nd year. if i fail in b.com hons 2nd year exam?
20th September 2017, 05:56 PM
Madison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Its possible to change b.com Hons 2nd year to b.com program 2nd year. if i fail in b.com hons 2nd year exam?
Dear Student,
If you fail in the 2nd year of B.Com honors paper you will no more study B.Com as honors paper rather as general subject.
Students have to opt for honors during admission in the 1st year. You have to score the honors passing marks to continue as honors students and failing to do so will result in discontinuing honors.
Along with honors subject student also have to pass in general paper unable to do so will result in a backlog. The backlog have to be cleared by appearing for the supplementary exam.
In some colleges if a student fails to attain the minimum marks results in repeating 2nd year with all subjects.
2nd April 2018, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

I am currently studying b.com hons in jain University. Is it possible to get the admission in 2nd year of b.com regular in christ. I scored around 60%in 1st semester but I have backlog in one subject. So is it possible to get the admission.
1st October 2018, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Sir, due to my poor performance in ISC i haven't got b.com honours in ist year under Calcutta University. Now i am in 1st year (1st semester)studing (B.Com General).
So sir is there any way to get B.Com Honours at any time means at any year or at any semester.
30th June 2023, 07:57 PM
nikhilprecision1
Banned

In undergraduate degree programs, including Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com), it is not possible to directly pursue an honours degree from the second year. Honours programs usually have a specific structure and require students to complete additional coursework and meet eligibility criteria.

To pursue an honours degree, students need to apply for and be admitted to the honours program before the start of their undergraduate studies or at the beginning of their first year. Honours programs often have a specialized curriculum, advanced coursework, and additional research or project requirements compared to the regular degree program.

However, it's worth noting that the specific policies and regulations regarding honours programs can vary among universities and colleges.

Some institutions may have provisions for students to transition into an honours program after completing a certain number of credits or meeting specific academic requirements.

It is best to consult with the academic advisors or the department responsible for the B.Com program at your institution to inquire about any possibilities or options available for pursuing an honours degree later in your academic journey.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?