25th August 2020, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Which Science subject combination is required in 12th to be eligible to write the NDA exam?

Sir, I have opted for Science stream in 12th with subject combination of PCBM where my main subjects is Physics, Chemistry and Biology and additional subject is Mathematics. So, am I eligible to apply for NDA exam? And, when is the upcoming NDA exam going to be conducted?

29th August 2020, 09:25 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is required in 12th to be eligible to write the NDA exam?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and to join the same, you need to qualify NDA examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, the basics qualifications required to apply for the NDA examination are as below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any stream from a recognised board of education. But, to join Indian Airforce and Indian Navy wings of NDA, you are required to have pursued Mathematics and Physics at your Class 12th level.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, having opted for PCMB subject combination for your Class 12th studies, you will be definitely eligible to join NDA after completion of your Class 12th as far as the educational requirement is concerned.

As per the current updates, NDA I & NDA II examination 2020 is scheduled to be held on 06.09.2020 while NDA I Examination 2020 is tentatively scheduled on 18.04.2021 for which the online application will start from 30.12.2020.

For complete details and updates regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
29th August 2020, 02:43 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is required in 12th to be eligible to write the NDA exam?

Yes, you are eligible for NDA exam that is conducted by UPSC.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy that is located in Khadakwasla Pune. You can join NDA in any of the four wings i.e.
  • Army (any stream)
  • Navy (Physics and Mathematics compulsory)
  • Air Force (Physics and Mathematics compulsory)
  • Naval Academy (Physics and Mathematics compulsory)

Since, you have completed 12th standard with PCMB stream, so you are eligible for all the wings of NDA.

Firstly, you need to appear for Written Test. After qualifying written test, you will have to qualify SSB Interview.

Admit cards of upcoming NDA exam were released on 10th August 2020. While NDA exam is scheduled to be conducted on 6th September 2020.
29th August 2020, 04:09 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear for NDA examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from a recognised board.

Candidates passed 12th in any stream are eligible to appear in the examination.

Examination is conducted in two stages - Written, SSB.

The upcoming examination is on 6th September 2020. NDA I 2021 will be conducted next year.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
1st September 2020, 03:03 PM
ayushii08

Yes, you can apply for NDA examination.
The educational qualifications to apply for NDA exam is based on two acedamies -
The Army wing of NDA : the candidate should be 10+2 pass or appearing in 10+2 examination. Class 11 students cannot apply for the NDA exam.
Air Force, Naval Wing of NDA and 10+2 Cadet entry scheme at INA : candidates passed or appearing 10+2 with physics and Mathematics as their subjects.

UPSC conducts NDA examination twice in one year.
The NDA 1st examination registration started on 8 Jan 2020 till 28 Jan 2020.
The NDA 2nd examination registration started on 16 June till 6 July 2020.
You will have to wait for next year to apply now.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?