7th September 2010, 01:24 PM
nazneen faisal

Should I start my own business?

i have started thinking about my career seriously and i am confused between working for a company and starting my own business..however i would like to pursue a degree in BBA and later MBA....i know starting your own business is risky and all...but i would like to know your opinion too...

7th September 2010, 03:56 PM
bapuram

Default Re: Should I start my own business?

dear friend,
if you want to start a business, then requires- great money investment,good plan and which type of thing is more consumable for customers, sufficient inventory(stock) of that thing,and also amount of labours if you think that you can face all these things, then you may proceed. best of luck.
7th September 2010, 06:00 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

you have done BBA. so surely you can start your own business. but before that you should take suggestion from a experienced person and then decide your business plain with some intelligent person who are connected with business. first start a short business and just see your success then go to for a big business.

as you have passed BBA so surely you can start with the help of a business expert. but for this you should prepare first properly.
7th September 2010, 06:19 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

At first I will sat don't depend upon my opinion,because I can not understand your financial condition,your depth of general idea about any business,situation of your mind.

However,I want to mean that you do this whatever your mind want.

As you have completed your BBA as well as MBA degree,so I think you can go for services/jobs as you have spent so much money behind your degree.

then now if you wanna open a own business then it is the matter of huge money .
So,there are so many options of jobs being a MBA degree holder:
some important jobs are:
1: Marketing Jobs
2:Finance Jobs
3:HR Jobs
4:Consulting Jobs
5:IT related Jobs
6: Executives & Top Managers jobs
7:Companies Research Center
8:Bank manager job etc....

for more visit:www.joinmba.com
ultimately,choice is yours.
Good luck.
7th September 2010, 08:21 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazneen faisal View Post
i have started thinking about my career seriously and i am confused between working for a company and starting my own business..however i would like to pursue a degree in BBA and later MBA....i know starting your own business is risky and all...but i would like to know your opinion too...
Dear friend
There are ups and downs every where so nothing is safe or risky.
If you think that you are good in dealing with people, you come up with good business ideas and then it would be easy to start your own business. The history is evident that whoever has started business or tried something new had faced many challenges and failures but if they would have stopped by challenges and failure they would not have become famous.

I would recommend you to read a book

''Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish''
, written by Rashmi Bansal -- herself an alumnus of IIM-A -- describes how 25 students of the premier B-school chose the path less trodden and successfully built new business and organisations.

Read it well and have some inspiration.
7th September 2010, 09:28 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Its good that you want to start your own business and ya there is great scope in it. For that i would advise you to do your BBA and then MBA so that you are well versed with the managerial skills. This will thus decrease the risk which you are talking about which can increase if you start your business without much knowledge

So go for it..

best of luck
7th September 2010, 09:35 PM
nuzhat fathima

hi.first of all to start your own business requires lots of guts as well as good financial status.you must be brave enough to face all the consequences.if you are well trained in the field or studied thoroughly then you can step in that.bba and then mba has many good options now a days.but if you are from the science stream,i suggest you to continue in the same field.
7th September 2010, 09:59 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

It would be better if you can also tell what is your current education and which field you have graduated. Now I believe you havent done graduation too as you are talking about BBA. Better to complete studies atleast to a post graduate level and in the mean time try to work out the things you need to get your company started up after MBA. Perhaps you can try a part time set up too to get a feel on how you should run a company, you can first take online jobs and then expand it
7th September 2010, 10:05 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Hey !! its a long time from now...first of all concentrate on your academics career first...First do an MBA degree...then decide what should you do...because starting a business is not an idea of one day....so first be well prepared for the future...and then decide your own future...
7th September 2010, 10:27 PM
chaitu667

Hello bro!

Generally speaking to maintain a bussiness ia a great deal and it needs some managerial skills. For that you have to do BBA and there after MBA, good decision that you are willing to start bussiness of your own. Its a bit of risky but you have to decide whether you are able to manage and run it, it depends on the confidence that you have.

Working for a company is not a bad idea if you are capable of doing it, moreover you will settle down easily because of the already well known fact that you need not to do BBA and MBA.

In my opinion its better do BBA and MBA to ensure a self dependent life with steady profits. Even though its not that good in the beginning because of the tensions, after all you will have a well settled life.

Good luck for your career!
7th September 2010, 11:30 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

you can start your business.but before that you have to learn minute points of business.means you have to learn every aspects of business.

for starting your business there should be capital for the investment.if you don't have the initial capital then you can take bank loan for starting your business.

i think at first you have to do BBA and then MBA after that you should work in any reputed company for 4 or 5 years.then you have to start your business after getting some experience of business.By doing management course and working in company you can be familiar with every aspects of business.

then you can start your business.

good luck.
7th September 2010, 11:51 PM
noproblem

Here are a few other things you need to consider before you open a business:

Is your business retail, wholesale, internet-based?

Do some research to figure out what channel is best for the product or service you want to offer.

How much competition is there for the product or service you intend to sell?
How much money will you need to start the business for things like inventory, rent, advertising, business cards and office supplies, etc.?

What kind of legal business entity will you start? Sole Proprietor, Partnership, Corporation? Do you understand the impact of this decision on taxes and accounting? If not, do a little research.

As you do your research, take notes. Capture your thoughts and questions on paper as they come to you and then sit down with a good business lawyer, a small-business accountant or a friend or colleague who has the skill to advise you.

Tell them your plan. See what they think. Starting a business is a very exciting idea to contemplate. Just be sure that you have thought about the issues you will face and that you are well prepared. If you are still convinced you want to start your own business,

I wish you much luck on your journey!
7th September 2010, 11:59 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hi.
if u want to start a busness go on..

if u have the inital mony to invest .
i could like u to become an enterprinure.. and have sone good workk.

MBA or BBa both are good ...
its ur choice..
good luck.
8th September 2010, 12:31 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

You havent mentioned your educational background. As i think you are not even a undergraduate or persuing your graduation degree. Dont you think that its too early to start a business. If you are just thinking about it then also , I dont think that you have gained much experience in life for any type of business.
Every one is impressed from a running business. But please do pay attention towards your study, which will give you a new ideas day by day. I am suggesting you to do MBA before starting any type of business. This will clear the basic fundamentals of business. You can be a agent of any type of policy during your management studies. This will give you experience.
It is always beneficial for anyone to start his own business rather than doing a job under a company. All the profit will solely be related to yourself. You can open any type of your own company like stock broking branch or any showroom of any type of vehicle etc... This will make you to have your own business.
8th September 2010, 12:40 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Doing a Business is always the best option to opt for career, infact being a successful business man is the last stage of once's career growth because it has limitless height to touch.

But simultaneously it is very risky and not an easy task because being a Businessman means being "The Master" of own.

I will suggest you to opt for MBA, then get a good job. This would be the largest factor and learning time for you, because just having knowledge is not enough but application of that knowledge is the most important factor and this "X" factor you will get from here.

And also because before starting your own business at least you have handful of capital and systematic implementation of what you have planed for you business.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
8th September 2010, 03:47 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend ,

first of all you have to know about what is business. What business is suitable for you.
There are so many business.It may be stock business like you stock potato.onion.oil etc. which is very much necessary for our life.
one think remember my friend that the business i.e. stock business i told you is very risky and you have to do and maintain it in season wise by which it will be grateful to you .

here i only told you about the stock business but there are so many business which are not mentioned because i do not know about your investment.

Because business not only depend upon money.It also depend upon yours behavior i.e. how much you interact with the people.

Besides this there is a competition market and there to grow up your business you must give some free product to the customer.

good luck.
8th September 2010, 08:06 AM
meeria

Dear friend

please concentrate your mind,if you want
do your won business then at first you have must
well financial condition secondly your depth of
general idea about business

if you have two condition then you can do

i think is better if complete you BBA
and after BBA you can do MBA by geting
exam like CAT<JC-CAT,EMAT,MAT..........

i think after MBA you will have well
knowledge as well as well determination
power about business

after MBA you can do job also

some important jobs are

1.finance field(if you complete your
MBA with finance)
2.marketing field(if you complete your
MBA with marketing)

3.it field..................

have a good day
8th September 2010, 10:26 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

in present time you have no any technical degree and if you wan to earn immediately

then you can start your own business.But , if you have interest in study then i will tell

you to go for your further study.Do BBA from a good college and during the period of

BBA you should do preparation for various exam of management colleges e.g. CAT, XAT,

MAT, ATMA,Symbiosis management exam etc.Study with full dedication, You will get

success in one of the above exam, and you will get admission in top management

colleges. After completing your MBA from those colleges you would get in job in various

multinational companies,there you will be highly paid. Range of package, you would get

is Rs1000000 -Rs10000000 per anum. Now choice is yours.What do you want to do!!!!!!!!

Well wishes for your future
8th September 2010, 04:16 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

It is a wise decision to pursue BBA & then MBA because a degree in management will make you qualified for various job position. And at the same time you will also gain knowledge about starting your own career.

If you are keen on starting your own enterprise then select entrepreneurship management as your specialization in the 2nd year of MBA.
It will give you an insight about every aspect of starting a business enterprise.
8th September 2010, 05:56 PM
monu1

it depends on your taste ability to underwnt pressure and stresses
you should have good management skills
8th September 2010, 05:58 PM
sanjusabu

Quote:
I cannot understand what your qualification is but it is always better to try start your own business because you can do it independently of your own choice.
But keep on thing in mind that - Before starting your business you should have to know the business tricks. Otherwise you can not maintain the business and also cannot profit.

On the other hand, Having degree like BBA and MBA can also help you to great extent in doing your own business or working for the other company .
The salary offers by the the companies after is of very very high amount.

So, you have to decide your own.

My suggestion is for you is : Try to achieve BBA and MBA first then go for whatever you want.
8th September 2010, 11:06 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Should I start my own business?

dear friend

as you are interested to start your own business it is a good thing but that is very difficult.

you must have the following things very importantly

1.perfect knowledge

2.well skilled man power

3.resource

above all you should have a complete degree . so i will suggest you to go for a complete study in business field.

go for BBA then MBA.

after that you can start your entrepreneurship. as well.

all the best
9th September 2010, 12:08 AM
tina toms

if you wanted to start you own business ,,investment is the main thing to be thought of.you should be well planned and there is a long procedure for the company to be registered.its always good to be self dependent.should be patient and accurate in yourdeeds. once you start with the company procedures ,you shouldnt drop it..all the best
6th October 2010, 01:44 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Should I start my own business?

Quote:
dear friend,

do you know what is business????it is not only transaction money it also depends on patience,motivation amd dedication.i think you first complete mba and working for a firm first 2 to 3 yrs.and after getting knowledge about business then you deside.to be a business man or not....

good luck.....
28th October 2010, 09:19 PM
mseetharamster

That is good to start your own business.If you are sure for standing steadily even in the violent storms and you should be ready to face any situation in some worst cases.

Maintaining good industrial relationships and good relationships with customers is must.
Before stepping into business you must make sure that you know completely about the business.

Stepping after MBA is the best way possible...Instead of studying for degree understand the necessity and go into depths of management of firms and maintenance.
All the best
29th October 2010, 03:38 AM
babydoll

Hi!
Starting own business costs more so try to get a good job in good company. As you have completed the BBA so i would like to suggest that just go for MBA and do some part time job which will give you some money simultaneously with the study.
when you complete the MBA then you can start your own business by taking some frenchisis of some brand.
29th October 2010, 12:00 PM
yogananda143

yes this will be a good idea,but u need to work hard then only u can succeeded.all d best
29th October 2010, 01:47 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello Friend,
To start your own business will definitely be a DARE step.We all know that
business requires lots of effort,hard work and sometimes patience along with the money.
Starting your own is not a bad idea at all but it also depends on the type of business you are going to do.Before going into it you have to analyse it.
Do some research about the type of business you are going to do.It is true that you need to have good financial support because you cannot be sure in business
about the profits.There will be ups and downs,but patience is important here.

As you have mentioned you are interested in BBA and then MBA,then why don't you continue your studies and then you can choose to start your business.
Having a degree is also very important in today's world as it will open lots of other option too.

Think over it and then take a decision.
Good Luck.
29th October 2010, 01:54 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friend

one thing i want to say if you want to earn only the small range of money then you can

starts your own business. but according to me first complete your MBA degree. and then if

you have own capital then you can starts your own business with your own skills.you can

also take financial suppoarts from the investor or from the bank.and then you can starts a

business
29th October 2010, 05:42 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

In my opinion you should go further with studies and then start your buisness. MBA is best option for you if you want to start your own buisness. One can be a sucessful buisnessman if he/she acquire higher studies and you are willing to do MBA which is a good option for you.

Good Luck
29th October 2010, 07:33 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Hello friend,
To achieve high success, consider taking risk as one of primary step.
I would like to mention some useful tips for u::
1. Achieve confidence... participate in college events to get leadership qualities
2. Take a job as back up.
3.Take help from some govt. entrepreneur schemes... they may provide u monetry help and help you to choose feild of bussiness.
30th October 2010, 02:00 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
From the information u have given it seems u have done only 12. This is not the stage where u can decide for being an entrepreneur. The knowledge about the market and entrepreneurial skills are most important for establishing a venture. So i will suggest u to go for B.B.A and then M.B.A, so u may have the knowledge and risks regarding starting your own business.
thank you
30th October 2010, 07:21 PM
koli

in my opinion you should study further.

to start your own business you need a handful of money and to be a successful businessman, you need a mastermind and a X factor which will take you ahead of everyone.

and an MBA degree will obviously help you in this matter.
so go for it!
8th November 2010, 07:45 PM
chandana Reddy

hi...
you can definitely become an enterprenuer..you can take a suggestion from an experienced person ....taking up mba then business will also help you in getting exposure ,and you will know what is good and bad and how to go about it..

good luck
12th November 2010, 07:12 PM
Gaurav.jain88

It is good future aspect for that you must have financial support and good manegirial and leadership skills which is not develop just by study and degree for that you must have experience.
For that you must work in corporate world and can do well in business.....
15th November 2010, 09:47 PM
malini k

Dear friend,
You can start your own business and its the best option according to me
You can establish your own firm and can provide jobs to many one
You can be a job provider rather than a job seeker
And being a job provider ,you will get more happiness doing something by your own and you will enjoy the freedom of working under no one
Its a good feeling and you can enjoy that!!!!!!
So try to establish your own firm and try to be the change and not to be a part of a change
Good luck friend
16th November 2010, 02:35 PM
lakveldi

first of all make clear idea that the idea of business is unique after strong in ur idea then search capitals by partnership with the financially helpful people and got approval .so that u can achieve ur aim
16th November 2010, 02:39 PM
104sri

Quote:
hellow dear
you have done BBA.
so surely you can start your own business.

as you have passed BBA so surely you can start with the help of a business expert. but for this you should prepare first properly
28th November 2010, 01:59 AM
sarathr

Quote:
Hi Nazneen Faisal, Its great to hear and happy to inform you that you will be a good business man soon, besides you just concentrate on your studies too. complete your MBA and then decide it what should be done later, untill then its better from my concern you focus on your education.

But i strongly believe that You will become a good employer since you have a great vision of your career(But its too early to start a business now).
19th February 2011, 04:32 PM
FishloFeW

Default my facts

Hi Members
delete question - how to use forums search engine.
Best regards
20th February 2011, 04:14 PM
tripurari singh

Thumbs up Re: Should I start my own business?

Quote:
Dear,
you can must start your own buisness but firstly you should work for a company, because you will have experiance about your field, then off course start your own buisness.
best of luck..........
28th February 2011, 06:34 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

It totally depends on you. What you want to get out of life.

It depends on entrepreneurship skills ..
ask yourself questions like
do you think you are a better salesman than your friend?
do you get better business ideas than others.. how well do you understand business
what are your strengths and weaknesses in field of business?
which field you are really good in ?
which field you can outdo others?
have you established a successful business, what were your experiences?

are these answers positive? if yes you have got a thing for business.

Futher do you have resources for starting your business idea... if not how will you do it.

can you get money... or you may like to work to make money.

Read more and more of business magazines and newspapers... listen to business section

to the news bulletin... subscribe to news channels of finance line CNBC.

Attend seminars conducted by successful entrepreneurs and read their interviews

and .... participate in entrepreneurship meets .. case studies etc.

Becoming an entrepreneur is an easy task but the difficult task is

to become a successful entrepreneur.For that you need to study a lot about

business and economics and finance, How to run a company

which fields are new and hot , how to take investment decisions

which business to choose among the ideas you have got ,

read about how people who are first generation entrepreneurs have made it successful

what have been their secrets.

How to develop good relation with people and employees ... etc etc.

Once you have your idea Next you will need to materialize them.

dont sit for too long. You will need resources , you may have to work for several years to
generate your seed capital, prefer to work in the field in which you finally want to get

into this will help you gain deep insight,

And Never give up this is a risky path full of failures .. success come in the end and it will make up for your hard work .
28th February 2011, 06:37 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

It totally depends on you. What you want to get out of life.

It depends on entrepreneurship skills ..
ask yourself questions like
do you think you are a better salesman than your friend?
do you get better business ideas than others.. how well do you understand business?
what are your strengths and weaknesses in field of business?
which field you are really good in ?
which field you can outdo others?
have you established a successful business, what were your experiences?

are these answers positive? if yes you have got a thing for business.

Futher do you have resources for starting your business idea... if not how will you do it.

can you get money... or you may like to work to make money.

Read more and more of business magazines and newspapers... listen to business section

to the news bulletin... subscribe to news channels of finance line CNBC.

Attend seminars conducted by successful entrepreneurs and read their interviews

and .... participate in entrepreneurship meets .. case studies etc.

Becoming an entrepreneur is an easy task but the difficult task is

to become a successful entrepreneur.For that you need to study a lot about

business and economics and finance, How to run a company

which fields are new and hot , how to take investment decisions

which business to choose among the ideas you have got ,

read about how people who are first generation entrepreneurs have made it successful

what have been their secrets.

How to develop good relation with people and employees ... etc etc.

Once you have your idea Next you will need to materialize them.

dont sit for too long. You will need resources , you may have to work for several years to
generate your seed capital, prefer to work in the field in which you finally want to get

into this will help you gain deep insight,

And Never give up this is a risky path full of failures .. success come in the end and it will make up for your hard work .
31st January 2013, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

I want to start my own buisness in Import and Export /tourism sector which distance MBA course is better rgarding to these
31st January 2013, 09:52 PM
nikhinaya

So,there are so many options of jobs being a MBA degree holder:
some important jobs are:
1: Marketing Jobs
2:Finance Jobs
3:HR Jobs
4:Consulting Jobs
5:IT related Jobs
6: Executives & Top Managers jobs
7:Companies Research Center
8:Bank manager job etc....
31st January 2013, 10:27 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

First i thanks to you for thinking something different from the big crowd who is just always looking for the job and nothing else than job they required and in true sense i don't like this.Start your own business and it is a nice idea always.

Also first thing i have to say that first think about your business means in which field you want to do the business means like software,property dealing and many more just choose one among them.

Than you have to get all the information about your business means just try to get the information about your business and try to get as many information you can get.

Also than start your business and also get all the information about the business.

Just focus on the business as business will be your first motive and do hard work daily and you will get success for sure.

Best of luck
1st February 2013, 03:29 PM
sonali pandey1111

hi dear

i think if u r interested in business then you should go for it. I know business has some risk factor but your hard work will meet success one day. you said you will take MBA degree very soon then i think to become a business man is great option in your life.

all the best
thanks
20th December 2013, 03:55 PM
sushri_mhnty

dont be confuse dear cool your mind first. Own business it much better then job because you will be owner to decide to think wht to do nobody will pressurise you. If you try then you can grow your income but that is not possible for employee because their is a salary limitation. But you will start your business if you no funding issue. Ask your family first if they are ready for investment then you have to take help of any successfull businessman who can give some tricks. You have to check market condition which product has demand Fmcg,Fmcd and so others.You can take admission in Mba for more knowledge.
29th April 2017, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

If you want to start a businesses you can go for it. Better planning and good financial is required not very good finance. It is good to take advice from expert or your friends and family. Bba and MBA is not necessary. You can use your own managerial skill.it is risky but remember biggest risk in the life is not taking risk in the life. Think proper and do best planning and go ahead. You will defiantly successful. You will have to ready for hardwork.
25th June 2020, 12:36 AM
Samirjmt

In my opinion the answer will be no because 90% of the start-ups are failing these days but if you are innovative and competent you can definitely be in the remaining 10%.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?