30th July 2015, 06:47 PM
gupta@k@ tanya

Should I take admission in Pharmacy or B.Sc for admission in Indian Army?

I have passed cls 12th in 2013 and from that time i am preparing for medical but haven't got seat. I have given wbjee in 2015 and got 192 obc category rank in pharmacy .so i want to know should i take admission in pharmacy or bsc. Chem hons for career in indian army

Related Questions:
30th July 2015, 08:18 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I take admission in Pharmacy or B.Sc for admission in Indian Army?

You can join Indian army after 12th as well as graduation through following exam:

NDA(National Defense Academy)

CDS(Combined Defense Service)

You can do graduation in Pharmacy or B.Sc to take admission into Indian Army.

Your age should be between 19-24 years.

You must be unmarried male candidates to join Indian Army.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

Selection Process:

Written examination of Mathematics and General Ability

SSB Interview

Physical and Medical Standard
30th July 2015, 08:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I take admission in Pharmacy or B.Sc for admission in Indian Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta@k@ tanya View Post
I have passed cls 12th in 2013 and from that time i am preparing for medical but haven't got seat. I have given wbjee in 2015 and got 192 obc category rank in pharmacy .so i want to know should i take admission in pharmacy or bsc. Chem hons for career in indian army
To become a officer in Indian Army, you should just complete graduation degree. Indian Army recruitment is conducted by CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 years
31st July 2015, 12:24 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join the Indian Army after the pharmacy or B.Sc chemistry honours. To join the Indian Army the candidates need to qualify in the CDS examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

The qualification required to appear in the CDS examination is the graduation in any discipline for the Army and OTA. The candidates age must be between 19-24 years.

The examination are conducted in the two stages as the Written and the SSB. It is compulsory to qualify in both the stages for the final selection.
31st July 2015, 02:04 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# It is revealed from your query that you want to join medical course but now you re thinking of joining Indian Army.

# You can even join Indian Army after completion of graduation degree in any discipline.

# Now you are perplexed over choosing Pharmacy or B.Sc for bachelor degree. Note that any valid graduation degree is sufficient in order to join Indian Army through Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination.

# CDS Examination is a national level examination conducted by UPSC two times in a year in order to make recruitment for Indian defence forces. The recruitment made by the CDS Examination is for followings defence academies:

* Naval Academy (NA)
* Air Force Academy (AFA)
* Indian Military Academy (IMA)
* Officer Training Acadmey (OTA)

# Required educational qualification for CDS Examination:

* Possession of any valid bachelor degree from recognised university.
* You just required pass marks in bachelor degree. Don't bother about percentage marks.
* Students of final year are also provisionally eligible.

# Age limit fixed for CDS Examination:

* 19-22 years for Naval Academy (NA)
* 19-23 years for Air Force Academy (AFA)
* 19-24 years for Indian Military Academy (IMA)
* 19-25 years for Officer Training Academy (OTA)

# Scheme of CDS Examination:

* Written objective type test
* SSB Interview
* Medical & Physical Test

# Pattern of written objective type test:

* Quantitative Aptitude
* General English Language
* Reasoning Ability
* General Studies
* Current Affairs
* Computer Knowledge

# Required other eligibility conditions are:

* Must be Indian citizen.
* Must be male candidate except Officer Training Academy (OTA) as females are eligible for it.
* Must be unmarried.
* Must not be insane or mad.
* Must not have any criminal or police record.
* Must be physically and medically fit in all respect.
31st July 2015, 03:40 PM
pointer01

You can choose any course in both of them . For Joining Indian Army you must have a Bachelor's degree so, you can take admission in any of them according to your interest. After completing your graduation you have to qualify the entrance exam for joining Indian Army. I think you should go for B.Sci.
31st July 2015, 04:35 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, no doubt you are eligible to join the Indian Army after any of the courses as a pharmcy or the B.Sc. But you need to qualify in the CDS examination which is conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

The examination is conducted for the recruitment of the candidates in the different wings of the defence services as an officer. But you are only eligible for the Indian Army and the OTA. Candidates must have completed graduation in any discipline. The candidates age must be between 19-24.
* Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination

The examination is conducted in the two stages and the candidates need to qualify in both the stages for the final selection. The application form for the CDS will be available from the August.

The examination stages are Written and the SSB. After qualifying in the written stages the candidates become eligible for the SSB.

To get the more information visit the www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?