12th October 2010, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Which stream to choose in 11th standard if Science is liked but not Maths?

My daughter is studying in X std Kendriya vidyalaya. She is an average student 85% on an overall. She likes science subjects although she likes maths never used to get good marks in maths. She dislikes social studies also. What group she can take in Eleventh standard for a bright future?

12th October 2010, 06:54 PM
mseetharamster

Default Re: Which stream to choose in 11th standard if Science is liked but not Maths?

Getting 85% in the 10th class is appreciable.It is not such a bad score to keep maths away.
Ask her interest and go with that.
Taking PCM is not a bad idea with that score.That is good enough.
12th October 2010, 09:18 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Which stream to choose in 11th standard if Science is liked but not Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daughter is studying in X std Kendriya vidyalaya. She is an average student 85% on an overall. She likes science subjects although she likes maths never used to get good marks in maths. She dislikes social studies also. What group she can take in Eleventh standard for a bright future?
dear sir,

first ask her what she try to do.because science is very good but if any body is not interested on maths then what to do after taking science?in future except medical studies all science studies based on mathematics.

others streams are well and good,and have many more career oppurtunities.
12th October 2010, 10:37 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which stream to choose in 11th standard if Science is liked but not Maths?

Quote:
after knowing her likes and dislikes, i think that your daughter must choose medical field. in medical she will find science but not maths. there is a wide scope of medical now a days. she can become a good doctor also or can choose pharmacy as her field.
13th October 2010, 01:00 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

ok if your daughter is not interested in math then direct her to the PCB this is very good for the girls and also they can do good in biology.as her % of 10th shows she is good in study.so PCB is best for her
all the best
13th October 2010, 01:15 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
Sir, 85% is not average its much above that, options available for ur daughter after 10 without maths in science stream are:
1. Computer science + hindi + physics + chemistry + english.
2. Computer science +biology + physics + chemistry + english.
3. Biology + hindi + chemistry + physics + english.
ask her about her interest i assure she's a bright student and can excell with such a good percentage.
thank u
13th October 2010, 01:37 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

i think who dislike math and choose science will face a great problem. because without mathematics to complete science is very difficult. so choosing science will not be a good option.

but if she is interested in medical then she may go for science. then she should choose math as additional subject. but you know to do rank in medical is very difficult. so if she become unable to do rank she will face great problem.

i think safe option is go with arts. even she may choose chemistry and biology as her subject. then she may further study on chemistry. i think it is the best option.

best wishes.
13th October 2010, 03:57 PM
aotiwari

Hi,
I have never seen 85 called as an average marks or an average student. and studying from CBSE i dont think she will have any difficulties in science stream.
Also for science subjects you can drop maths, but that will close your chances of getting into a engg. field.
social studies is not a big concern. Let her decide what to choose.

Future is always bright its on us how to take it.
25th October 2010, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am good in science but but I am bad at maths my parents suggest tat to arts but does arts have any scope pls help me ???? I am confused ........
26th October 2010, 11:36 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,
Your daughter can opt for Medical subjects which contains Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Maths will not be required.
26th October 2010, 09:26 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

For your kind information 85% is really good and she is not an average student.

I would suggest her to go for science as she has interest in maths. She likes maths but doesnt get good marks. The 2 points are quite contradictory.

If she gets less marks in maths that maybe she must have not worked hard for it. When she joins 11th std tell her to focus more on maths so that she improves in that field. Rest everything will fall in place..

All the best
26th October 2010, 09:34 PM
rahul katare

Smile

Quote:
as per your you can choose stream following are the streams in which most of the students are interested
1.enggineering
2.medical
3.mass communication
4.radio
5.Fashion

best of luck

Quote:
as mentioned that science is liked than in my opinion study well in science and gave competition exam like AIPMT,CPMT AIIMS,etc
have a nice day

Quote:
you can have the professional courses after 10+2 if not intrested in appearing any competition exam
thank you
26th October 2010, 10:07 PM
bikenindia

Hi Sir,
I feel she is quite good in studies as she scored 85%.
For her carrier, you should ask her choice. I feel she should go for science stream since she is good in science and she can go for medical after +2, since medical doesn't have maths.
But remember PCM is very very important, so better to continue in science stream.

Thank you.
27th October 2010, 03:23 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
It seems you have more expectations from your daughter than what she have achieved.The percentage you have mentioned is not bad at all,it shows she is not an average student.

About choosing the subjects,the best way is to ask your daughter what she wants to choose,if she is interested in Maths then let her take it,getting less marks in maths once doesn't mean it will happen everytime. If something is done with interests and hard work,Success is certain.
Biology too can be an option,if she is okay with it.

Motivate her so she will have confidence in herself.
28th October 2010, 04:05 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear frinds.
if you like the science paper then you can do the graduation in physics
gradution in chemistry

gradutaion in biology

you can do course like bbm/b.com
30th October 2010, 02:58 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

Your ward is not a average student at all according to the marks scored. Still if she is not good enough or not feel comfortable in Maths then you can go to other available subjects like Biology or Arts. But making career in commerce line is also the same as maths. Although mathematics line goes to engineering line and commerce line will meet to CA. Both are professional line.
But due to not interest in maths you should choose medical line in +11 level , afterthat it is upto you that wheather you want to make her career in doctor line or other research job.
It is beneficial to choose medical line for a girl since it is a clear one, into which job prospects would suits to a girl. However you may choose simple arts, if you want to be a good scholar.
1st November 2010, 10:20 AM
visree

Hi
From this I got to know that your student is good in science but not in maths. So for her its better to choose hindi instead of maths for 11th. So that she can go for Medical field also if she likes since there are so many chances in medical field like MBBS, MDS, BAMS, Biochemistry, microbiology, Degree with particular subject in science etc.
18th November 2010, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

i am a science student without maths and want to be a pilot.Is it possible?
1st December 2010, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

I am a 10th stadard girl . i want some suggestion for my 11th combination . i m Interested in chemistry subject but i m afraid of " is Chemistry having Future"
4th December 2010, 10:41 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Dear member,
She like science but not math,i will suggest you for arts department,because except math science is not effective...
If she can improve her math skill in that time then can apply for science,because she has a great percentage...
12th December 2010, 08:05 PM

Smile Re: Which stream to choose in 11th standard if Science is liked but not Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudraprasad View Post
dear sir,

first ask her what she try to do.because science is very good but if any body is not interested on maths then what to do after taking science?in future except medical studies all science studies based on mathematics.

others streams are well and good,and have many more career oppurtunities.
well she is interested in biology and has knowledge as well in biology
12th December 2010, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

i have interest in both science and maths in science i have interest mainly in biology
13th December 2010, 12:34 PM
saswata06

She can keep Physics,Chemistry,Biology and It or electronics
14th December 2010, 07:22 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Which stream to choose in 11th standard if Science is liked but not Maths?

hello sir

as you seem you're very much concerned about your daughter's career

as you told that she has 85 on an average its very good to see about that

you should not feel for it as she is average student

she is good

okay anyways

the selection of group should not be dependent on the marks obtained in the previous examination

ask clearly if needed take to a counseller and select the group

sir i again tell you

take a wise decision the decision you and she take effect whole life

all the best

~aditya~
15th December 2010, 06:04 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

in my opinion u should take the bio without maths that will be a good idea....
23rd January 2011, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

i love maths but in exams i was suffered from viral fever so m not gave the maths exams so that i'd got zero marks in S A-1 but i know that i can get good marks in S A-2 but these marks are not sufficient:-( so that is why i can not take maths in 11th but i want science so pllsss tell me what should i do...???
27th January 2011, 11:29 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hi

Since your daughter have more interest in science so she have to go for that. Now regarding the choice of subjects there is no value without math's in most of the field if the student is of science stream.

Since I have also completed my 10+2 from science stream from Kendriya Vidhyalya. So I know the value of math's. Since physics,chemistry and english are the compulsory subjects and she have a choice in
1. Biology , Hindi
2.Hindi,Computer Science
3.Maths,Computer Science
4.Maths,Biology.

If your daughter choose option 3 she had a great future in engineering field.

If your daughter choose option 4 she had a great future in medical as well as in engineering also.

So its good to choose either option 3 or option 4. This will be good for her future.

GOOD LUCK
30th January 2011, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10th standard in BCM....I love science n hate maths n social science....I hav got 86% marks in finals.....i don't understand maths.....plzzzz suggest me any line for 1....if i choose medical then is there a good future in medical without maths??......what are the donations required for medical in future.....??
31st January 2011, 05:10 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello,

Well your daughter is not that bad at studies,and if she dont like mathematics then she can go for biology.

If she is interested in medical she can go for it. But you cant also judge her interest by judging the marks only and marks has nothing to do about it.

Ask her frankly what her interest is and try to go with it,It will be best for you as well for your daughter.

choose her career well and all the best!!
31st January 2011, 05:23 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

Choosing Science but not taking MATHs will create a lot of problem as this stream mainly focuses on the formulation of mathematical derivations or algorithms.but if she is interested in medical then she may go for science.

Best of luck..
5th February 2011, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

whether choosing science group in 1 is good fordoing ias
17th February 2011, 11:31 PM
smruti prasad das

hiiii friend
without math engg. is not completed.so it is very difficult for u in future.only one way to if u select biotechnology then it will be benifial for u.
27th February 2011, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

i m in 10th standard...n m realy confused what to opt in 11th...i m an average student wid 70% n interested in science but dislike maths...asper peoples answers above
i think science widout maths doesn't work so...help me out plzzz!
1st March 2011, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I am in 10 standard.Your daughter can choose science and computer as today it is a time of computer technology.
1st March 2011, 09:01 PM
jatti suresh hanamappa

Quote:
Sorry, in 11th standard maths is complsury in science stream. two yers of maths study will provide good path for her bright future by choosing chemistry, botany and zoology stream in B.Sc........
3rd March 2011, 07:23 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Which stream to choose in 11th standard if Science is liked but not Maths?

Quote:
i m in 10th standard...n m realy confused what to opt in 11th...i m an average student wid 70% n interested in science but dislike maths...asper peoples answers above
i think science widout maths doesn't work so...help me out plzzz!
hello dear..

don't think as an average student ..in my view no student is average..everyone are equally talented ...but the world call them as excellent , average and poor..based on only just 3 hours..exam..

isn't this sound sick..

anyways coming to your problem..

don't worry at all....the people who have given their answers are only based upon their mindsets..they are not god's to decide..what to do..

we people are already experienced your stage and in a position to suggest you..

so we are just trying to tell you what is good and what is bad..

but nothing is bad ..in the world..

in your case.. don't seek the advice of anyone...

do decision what your mind actually says..

if you love maths ..go for engineering..

if you love arts ...go for bachelor of arts..

if you love fashion technology go for fashion institute..

whatever your heart says do it ..don't hesitate..or else you gonna suffer..

so friend..

make a wise decision..

all the best

~aditya~
3rd March 2011, 08:21 PM
shami1965

Go for Bio science which is best for her as she hates math
17th March 2011, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

hi i m pooja... i"m nt at all good in maths.. ijst hate that subject... but i love science and wnt to be a science student......in 11th.... and my parents r also forcing me to take science in 11th.... so plz help me tell me wat shld i do..?plz............
19th March 2011, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

I am a class 10 student, i like maths, but i don't love it, I hate chemistry, i think bio and physics are okay, and i absolutely love bio, Other streams are out of option for me, will i need maths in 11 if i wanna take medical stream...?
28th March 2011, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

i am very confused as i like science nd maths both
but i want to choose one of them
i secure good marks in maths than science but there is a minor difference
pls i also wnt to know the scope in medical stream
2nd April 2011, 03:24 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

She still can take science without maths.....
if she has interest in science other than maths, then tell her to choose Bio science which consists physics, chemistry and biology but no maths.

I think Bio science will be a better option than pure science.
3rd April 2011, 07:26 PM
sri_green09

she needs to choose the group which consist of physics,chemistry,biology,computer science.But it would be use full when she is going into the medical field.she would not be able to do well & would be hard for her if she chooses engineering without 11nth in maths. There is no engineering without maths.
4th April 2011, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

i m in 10th std. i m confused btween commerce n science, i like maths bt i dont love it, i m weak at chemistry bt gd at physics n bio., which stream should i choose??????????? n i wnt the stream which should giv job security in future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plzzzzzzzzzzzzz, help me in telling new n diffrnt scopes in both the steams. plzzzz help me????????
5th April 2011, 12:51 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

First of all it depends on the interest of your daughter to choose which stream...
If she is not interested then go for Physics,Chemistry And Biology..
Nowadays this stream is becoming popular among girls too.. after her 12th she can do her graduation in M.B.B.S , B.pharm , B.sc ,B. com, nursing etc....,,,
During her 12th itself she can opt for Computers also along with her regular subjects.. all the best
5th April 2011, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

what are the career options in pcb and arts ?
5th April 2011, 05:42 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
i think who dislike math and choose science will face a great problem. because without mathematics to complete science is very difficult. so choosing science will not be a good option.

but if she is interested in medical then she may go for science. then she should choose math as additional subject. but you know to do rank in medical is very difficult. so if she become unable to do rank she will face great problem.

i think safe option is go with arts. even she may choose chemistry and biology as her subject. then she may further study on chemistry. i think it is the best option.
Thanks
7th April 2011, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

should i choose science stream if i like biology bt hate physics and chemistry?????????
8th April 2011, 04:55 PM
kartavya99

dont be nervous, sometimes student dont get marks unless they have better knowledge.
so she can select science in 11th.
8th April 2011, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

I had just completed my 10th exams and i am very confused that which stream should i opt for my furture studies
10th April 2011, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

what about biology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?