19th July 2019, 03:11 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I opt in Intermediate for NDA?

Dear friends I am student of class 11th and I am baffle in case of choosing correct stream. Some person are saying that you choose non medical for NDA and some person said that you choose Commerce for NDA. Pease tell me which one is right for me?

21st July 2019, 06:55 PM
Deepanshu3010

Default Re: Which stream should I opt in Intermediate for NDA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear friends I am student of class 11th and I am baffle in case of choosing correct stream. Some person are saying that you choose non medical for NDA and some person said that you choose Commerce for NDA. Pease tell me which one is right for me?
NDA is conducted twice a year by the UPSC and eligibility criteria to appear for NDA is given below:
(1)candidate should be 12th pass or 12th appearing.
(2)candidate who want to join Indian Navy or Indian Air Force should have PCM as their subjects and thus should have science stream.
(3)candidate who wish to join Indian army should be 12th passed or 12th appearing in any stream or subjects.
Thus, if some one who wants to join INDIAN AIR FORCE or INDIAN NAVY could opt PCM(science stream). otherwise who wants to join INDIAN ARMY can opt any stream and should start preparing for NDA.
21st July 2019, 09:46 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I opt in Intermediate for NDA?

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and to join the same, you are required to qualify the NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the NDA entrance examination, you are required to have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board of education. But, to join Indian Navy or Indian Air force wings of NDA, you must have opted for Mathematics and Physics at your Class 12th level.

So, in my view, if your interested to join defense services through NDA or any other entry, then you should opt for Science stream with Mathematics and Physics as main subjects as that would provide you more options in defense services through Indian Navy and Indian Air force wings as compared to options available if you opt for commerce or humanities stream.

For more details regarding NDA entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?