14th June 2018, 12:13 PM
neha ghodke

Which subjects should I study to choose science stream on 11th class?

Which subjects should I study to choose science stream in 11th class? If choose science stream in standard 11th which subjects i'll have to study? If I want to be a doctor which will be the important subjects for me which will be the subjects optional for me? (please name all the subjects)

15th June 2018, 08:53 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I study to choose science stream on 11th class?

If you are interested to become a doctor, then you have to choose Medical Science stream for pursuing your 11th and 12th standard. In Medical Science stream, you will have Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany as main subjects. After completion of your 12th standard with PCB stream, you have to appear in Medical entrance examinations like NEET, AIIMS, etc., for taking admission in Bachelor's degree Medical course.
15th June 2018, 09:36 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I study to choose science stream on 11th class?

In order to become doctor in future, Candidate should have passed 12th class in Medical and then you should go for MBBS course.

SUBJECTS REQUIRED IN 12th CLASS

1. Physics

2. Chemistry

3. Biology

4. Mathematics (Optional)

After completing 12th class, my suggestion to you is that you should score good marks in NEET examination after that you are eligible to get admission in Good Reputed Government college for pursuing MBBS course.
15th June 2018, 01:00 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You want to become a doctor then you choose Physics, Chemistry and Biology as a main paper.

After 12th, you are eligible to fill the NEET form to get admission in any government and private medical college.

For more information, you can visit at www.neet.in.
15th June 2018, 01:21 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become doctor in future then the required mandatory subject to pursue in 12th std is :-

Physics.

Chemistry.

Biology.

Other than that you have to select a language paper and one extra paper such as Painting, Physical Education, Computer Science etc.
15th June 2018, 01:26 PM
ranu shahi

In Science stream there are 4 main papers Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and English is considered as compulsory papers.
You have to choose Maths or Biology means any one.
If you want to become a Doctor then you need to pursue Biology as it is compulsory along with Physics, Chemistry, English, Physical Education/Fine Arts/Computer etc.
15th June 2018, 02:04 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

If you wish to become Doctor in future, then you must choose Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your primary subjects in 11th and 12th standard. Because all the medical entrance exams demand these subjects as primary subjects in 11th and 12th. Also, you will have to solve questions of these subjects in Medical Entrance examinations like:
  • AIIMS
  • NEET
  • AFMC
  • MHT-CET
  • COMEDK, etc.

Apart from these three subjects, you will have English as a compulsory subject. In optional subject, you may have Physical Education, Computer Science, Hindi, Information Technology and many other subjects depending upon your school/Board.
15th June 2018, 02:32 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

As far as you are concerned about the stream ( i.e; subject combination ) which you need to opt for your higher secondary school degree i.e; Class 11th and Class 12th to become a doctor later then for the same you need to pursue your higher secondary school degree in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects.

Further, for becoming a doctor you need to pursue undergraduate medical degree courses like MBBS, BHMS, BAMS, etc. followed by specialization degree courses to become a doctor.
15th June 2018, 04:32 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become a Doctor in future then you have to choose Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects in 11th and 12th standard. And you have to score at least 60% marks in 12th standard. Then you have to apply for NEET examination.
15th June 2018, 08:20 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To become doctor or to pursue medical courses after 12th std candidates have to appear and qualify in NEET examination.

NEET examination is conducted by CBSE and for appearing in examination the required qualification is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB.

So, you have to pursue Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 12th std to make career as a doctor.
15th June 2018, 09:08 PM
stutiswet2

Quote:
Originally Posted by neha ghodke View Post
Which subjects should I study to choose science stream in 11th class? If choose science stream in standard 11th which subjects i'll have to study? If I want to be a doctor which will be the important subjects for me which will be the subjects optional for me? (please name all the subjects)
If you want to be Doctor in coming future, then choose following subjects after 10th.
  1. Physics
  2. Chemistry
  3. Biology
  4. English
  5. Computer Science/Hindi/Physical Education (Optional subjects)
15th June 2018, 10:56 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become doctor you have to appear and qualify in NEET examination after 12th.

So, you have to select the stream as per the eligibility to appear in NEET examination.

NEET examination is conducted by CBSE and the required qualification is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper with minimum 50%.

So, you have to pursue PCB in 12th.
16th June 2018, 12:04 AM
mentorseduserv

There is two types of group in science stream 1)bio(phy,chemand bio as main subject)
2)maths (physics Chem and maths subject ) generally maths group is known as A group and bio is known as B group
There is important sub like
1)physics 2) chemistry 3)maths /bio 4) English 5 ) computer science / Sanskrit / regional languages etc
I think group B is better for as bio I go with bio so bio is best
16th June 2018, 09:00 PM
xJhinukx

I am assuming that you're opting for science stream after 10th boards. Since you have not mentioned which board you're studying from, I cannot possibly know how many subjects you're allowed to choose or their exact structure. But I am giving you a possible idea about the subjects you should focus on if you're interested to go for medical line.
Firstly and most importantly, choose biological sciences as a main subject and not an optional one. In this way, you can stay more focused as it is the most important subject you should study for your medical entrance. Secondly, Chemistry. Biology and chemistry are very much interrelated as in medicinal and organic aspects. Now these two are necessary. In most of the boards, physics is also a must for appearing in medical entrance. However, no such necessity is applied on mathematics so you may skip it if you're weak in maths. In that case you may take computer science.
16th June 2018, 10:02 PM
sha2nk90

Quote:
After you pass the 10th examination, this is a very common practice for all students to be worried about the selection of group. There are basically 4 groups available for a 10th pass student to choose from, these are as below:

1. Mathematics also known as PCM group
2. Biology group also known as PCB group
3. Commerce group
4. Arts group

Since you want to become a doctor, so studying the Biology subject will be must for you. It means you will have to choose the PCB group for your 10+2 study. The subjects under the PCB group will be as follows:

1. Biology
2. Chemistry
3. Physics
4. Hindi (or any other regional subject, depends on the board)
5. English
6. physical Education/any other subject (as per the guideline of respective board)

As far as the main subjects are concered, you will have to secure minimum passing marks in each subjects. But if you look from the competition point of view as your aim is to become doctor the main subjects for you will be Physics, chemistry and Biology.
17th June 2018, 03:17 PM
sha2nk90

Quote:
There will be 4 streams before you to choose from when you pass class 10th, these will be as follows:

1. Biology stream : students who want to be doctor or want to study in Medical field, generally opt this stream. The major subject which is different from other stream is Biology. Apart from Biology you will have to study Physics, Chemistry, English, Hindi and physical education or any other subject as directed by your board.

2. Mathematics Stream: Those who want to study Engineering or allied fields generally take this stream in class 10+2. The mains subject in this stream is Mathematics. Rest subjects will be same as Biology group.

3. Commerce Group: Those interested in commerce and banking industry take this stream. The main subject in this stream is Accountacy, apart from other regular subjects.

4. Art Stream: In this stream there will be no mathematics, biology or commerce subjects. You will have to study history, geography, social science etc as per your choice.

>> Since you are interested in Biology group, in 10th class you need to take Science group.

>> In 10+2, if you are willing to be a doctor, your main subjects will be Physics, Chemistry and Biology. You will find question from these three subjects when you appear in different competitive examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?