9th February 2012, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Tips to crack the IPS entrance exam? I am a first year BSc Agriculture student

I am a 1st year BSc(agri) student tel me some tips to crack the IPS EXAM PLZ rly me soon.

12th July 2012, 03:05 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Tips to crack the IPS entrance exam? I am a first year BSc Agriculture student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 1st year BSc(agri) student tel me some tips to crack the IPS EXAM PLZ rly me soon.
Since you are a first year student only, no need to hurry so much for the IPS exam. You first have to complete your exam, then you will be eligible for this exam. You have to complete graduation in any discipline from recognised university.

IPS recruitment is done through two types of exams, viz Civil Service exam & SSC exam. For both of these exams, graduation is necessary. UPSC conducts CSE exam for All India Allied services which includes IPS, and SSC exam for custom and income tax inspectors.

Both the exams are very competitive in nature, you have to be very hard working and diligent to clear these exams.

You can start your preparation in last year of graduation, till then focus on graduation, as selection is not sure in these exams, because number of candidates are too much. So, you need something as back up to get job.

What you can do now is, start reading at least two National dailies and one magazine regularly to improve your GK and awareness about India. Rest can be done in final year. You can take coaching if needed as most of the aspirants do these days.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?