26th August 2020, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Are we eligible to apply for admission in M.Sc with few backlogs in B.Sc (1st and 4th semester)?

I am a B.Sc Geology 6th semester student. I have backlogs in 1st and 4th semester in General subjects and not in Major subject which is Geology. So, am I eligible to apply for M.Sc in Geology? Or, would I have to clear all my backlog first?

15th September 2020, 08:00 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are we eligible to apply for admission in M.Sc with few backlogs in B.Sc (1st and 4th semester)?

No, generally colleges/institutes don't admit candidates for master course having active backlogs in their graduation course.

However, there could be some B or C grade colleges that accept admission of students even if the student has active backlogs. This is just to fill their vacant seats.

In case, if the institute is reputed one, then surely they will not admit candidate for master course.

So, firstly you need to clear/qualify your active backlogs, and then seek for admission to master course in Geology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?