22nd March 2016, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

What is the advantage of studying CBSE board till 10th and then taking 11 with state syllabus?

I want to know what are the benefits of studying CBSE till 10th STD and than taking 1 PUC with the state sylbus. How do the colleges select the students. Do they give 10% extra marks compared to state sylbus? What is the advantage of studying CBSE board till 10th and then taking 11 with state syllabus?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the advantage of CBSE over ICSE?
  2. CBSE or State Board, which is better for B.Arch aspirant?
  3. Can I get admission in CBSE Board if studying in State Board?
  4. State board syllabus is useful for my kid or should I put him in CBSE board?
  5. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  6. Is it good to change board from CBSE to Kerala state while studying in 7th standard?
  7. Can I secure 10 CGPA in Board exam if didn't score well in 10th CBSE Summative-I exam? Benefits of studying in CBSE Board over State Board?
  8. Possibility to do 12th with CBSE Board after completion of 11th from State Board? Benefits of studying with CBSE Board?
  9. Should I have to appear in State Board exams also if pursuing 10th CBSE? Will I get admission only in CBSE Board to study in 11th standard after completing 10th?
  10. Will I be able to secure 95% in 12th CBSE if secured 87.69% in 10th UP State Board?
  11. Should the board need to be changed after 10th from CBSE to Gujarat board as there are more seats available in Gujarat board for Engineering?
  12. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board?
  13. Can I join 11th in state board if I have completed 10th in CBSE?
  14. Should I change my board from CBSE to ISC if studying 10th in Andhra Pradesh State Board?
  15. How many MBBS seats are reserved for CBSE student in Gujarat? Should I transfer to Gujarat State Board after completing 10th?
  16. Is it good for one to transfer from CBSE syllabus to Kerala state syllabus?
  17. Should I go for Maharashtra state board students after scoring 74.1% in 10th CBSE?
  18. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat -- [Most Discussed]
15th October 2016, 11:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the advantage of studying CBSE board till 10th and then taking 11 with state syllabus?

First thing I would like to clarify that no state board or Central Board of education is better on the academic prospective as for all the board of education the syllabus is more often than not.

Now from my point of view there is no question of changing the board from CBSE to state board after Class 10th as the pattern of education of CBSE is quite different from state board of education and it might not work on higher secondary level of education which is a career deciding phase of any student.

Another benefit of CBSE boards is that national level board examination like NEET, JEE, etc. are held by CBSE and in this case the students of CBSE have slight edge over state board candidates in understanding the language and pattern of examination as they are used to the same.

The only thing in curriculum some of state boards which attracts CBSE candidates towards it is the friendly or liberal marking scheme as compared to CBSE marking scheme which increases the chances of admission of the students in institutes which takes admission on the Class 12th marks basis otherwise it is better to stick with CBSE rather than opting for state syllabus being a Class 10th passed candidate from CBSE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?