18th April 2019, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

What is the age restriction to join Indian Air Force?

Sir, now I am studying in 10th now and I am 16 years old. But the age limit is 16.5 years for joining Indian Air Force. So, after the 10th final exams can I join the Indian Air Force as I will exceed the limit of 16.5 years? Is there any way to join?

22nd April 2019, 04:45 PM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

Default Re: What is the age restriction to join Indian Air Force?

So if you are filling your online application for Indian Air Force today, then your age on today should be 16 to 20 years, the only that the time of joining (1 year later) you will be age between 17 to 21 years

The Indian Air Force exam conducted by NDA. NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

NDA eligibility :

Age limit :
Minimum age :16.5 years
Maximum age :19.5 years
Educational qualifications :
The candidate must have passed class 12th with physics and mathematics conducted by state education board /university.
Candidate appearing class 12 or equivalent examination are also eligible to apply for NDA

Only unmarried candidates are eligible to apply for NDA
23rd April 2019, 08:29 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know is that 16.5 years is the minimum age requirement for joining Indian Air Force and hence you will be eligible for joining Air force only after your age goes beyond 16.5 years.

Further, being a student of Class 10th, you are not eligible for joining Indian Air Force just after completion of your Class 10th as the minimum education required to join Indian Airforce whether as an airman or officer, is a Class 12th in Science stream from a recognised board of education.

For details regarding different career options available in Indian Air force, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
25th April 2019, 01:20 PM
mani98

To join the Indian air force first you can qualify for the NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. This exam conducted by UPSC. UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.

NDA has three wings:

Indian Army
India Navy
Indian Air Force

Indian Air force Age limit:

The candidate age limit should be between 16 to 20 years.

No age relaxation applicable for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?