11th February 2013, 12:57 AM
priya talukdar

What is the chance to get NTPC if I belong to SC category

i will score 23 in gate 2013 and i belong to sc category so what is my chance to get into ntpc and if not then mtech from wic good coll?
pls do suggest me..

12th September 2013, 12:49 PM
rojatangella

Thumbs up Re: What is the chance to get NTPC if I belong to SC category

Quote:
Originally Posted by priya talukdar View Post
i will score 23 in gate 2013 and i belong to sc category so what is my chance to get into ntpc and if not then mtech from wic good coll?
pls do suggest me..
hai.......

National Thermal Power Corporation or NTPC is among the largest Public Sector Undertaking in the country. In the list of Forbes Global 2000, National Thermal Power Corporation stands at the 348th Rank.

At present central government holds around 84.5 percent stake in the company. The main business of National Thermal Power Corporation is to construct and operate power generation plants in India. NTPC has installed over 36,000 MW of electricity plants in the country.

National Thermal Power Corporation contributes to 29 percent of total electricity requirement of India. Every fourth house in the country is receiving electricity thanks to the National Thermal Power Corporation.

The majority of electricity plants by NTPC are coal based. Out of 36,000 MW of electricity the company produces, almost 27,500 is generated via coal based power plants. It is followed by gas, hydro generation and nuclear power plants.

Now coming to your question, there are vacancy in the National Thermal Power Corporation for the Computer Science Engineerin. NTPC conducts written test every year to recruit Engineers. If you are interested in job at NTPC, you would have to appear for the written test.

Eligibility

>> A B.Tech degree from a recognized university.

>> At least 60 percent marks in B.Tech course.

>> Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

>> Age limit is relaxed up to 5 years for reserve category.

>> A valid GATE score is quite handy as company may exempt you from appearing in written test based on your performance in GATE Entrance exam.

There is no fix date of the entrance exam. You would have to check leading Employment Dailies and other newspaper for the information about the NTPC written exam. The same information can also be downloaded from the official website of National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).

all the best...............
13th September 2013, 06:10 PM
akshay50jnvkd

Default Re: What is the chance to get NTPC if I belong to SC category

Dear Friend,

NTPC stands for Nationa Thermal Power Corporation. NTPC does not conducted its own exam to recruit the new Candidate. It will Recruit the new Candidate on the Bases of the Candidate GATE Scorecard & Interview.
But to appear in this process Candidate should follow the following Criteria..

Eligibility Criteria For NTPC:

>> Candidate Should Have B.Tech Degree from Any recognized University

>> Atleast 60% marks in B.tech

>> Age limit for general is 21-30

>> Relaxation for 5 Years for reserve Category

>> A valid GATE scorecard

GOOD LUCK
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?