14th July 2019, 03:35 AM
Unregistered

What is the cut-off in each subject for admission in AFMC?

I got 49 marks in class 12th subject Chemistry with overall 78 percentage. I know l can give NEET exam but can I also get admission in AFMC college after qualifying NEET?

15th July 2019, 02:34 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the cut-off in each subject for admission in AFMC?

For securing admission in AFMC (Armed Forces Medical College) to pursue MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree course, you must have qualified your Class 12th board examination in the first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken simultaneously and securing at least 60% of the aggregate marks in these three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in each of the science subjects.

So, it is quiet evident from the above criteria, that having managed only 49 marks in your Chemistry paper, you are not eligible for AFMC MBBS admissions.

For more details regarding the AFMC MBBS admissions, you can refer to the link https://www.afmc.nic.in/admissions/A...%20%202019.pdf.
15th July 2019, 07:23 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The minimum education required for pursuing MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ) degree course from AFMC ( Armed Forces Medical College ) is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main subjects with at least 50% marks in each subject and 60% marks in science subjects taken together from a recognized board.

So, having managed just 49 marks in your Chemistry paper, you are not eligible for AFMC MBBS admissions.

For more details regarding AFMC MBBS admissions, you can refer to the link www.afmc.nic.in
15th July 2019, 08:37 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to appear for the AFMC examination.

The required minimum aggregate to appear for the examination is that candidate must have scored minimum 50% in each of the PCB and English with atleast 60% in 12th board examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear for the AFMC but eligible for the NEET.
15th July 2019, 08:44 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

AFMC stands for Armed Force Medical College.

The required minimum educational qualification to get admission in the course other than qualifying in NEET is that candidate must have scored minimum 50 marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

So, you are not eligible to get admission as you have scored less than 50 marks in chemistry.
17th July 2019, 02:51 PM
Deepanshu3010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got 49 marks in class 12th subject Chemistry with overall 78 percentage. I know l can give NEET exam but can I also get admission in AFMC college after qualifying NEET?
Yes. one can get admission on the basis of marks of NEET.
Thus, 2019 cutoff of AFMC is as:
BOYS-596/720
GIRLS-610/720
17th July 2019, 08:33 PM
Banga18
Junior Member+

No, you are not eligible to appear in the entrance exam of AFMC( Armed Force Medical college) as the minimum %age of marks required for it in physics, chemistry, and maths 50% and with english it is 60%.
17th July 2019, 09:05 PM
Rakshit rajput

Candidates must have passed one of the qualifying exams listed at sub-para (a) to (j) below in the first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken simultaneously and securing not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in these three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in each of the science subjects
As you got only 49 marks in chemistry ,so think you are not eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?