11th December 2011, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

What to do to become an IAS officer? Can I become one if I don't have Maths in my graduation?

What to do to become an i.a.s. Having acounts stream not a maths one

Related Questions:
  1. How to become an IAS officer after studying in 12th?
  2. How can I become an IAS officer after doing graduation? I have passed 12th with science, Maths
  3. How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)
  4. What to do to become an IAS officer? Can I become one if I don't have Maths in my graduation?
  5. Which will be most preferred field for graduation to become an IAS Officer?
  6. How can I become an IAS officer? I am pursuing Physiotherapy
  7. How can I become an IAS Officer? Salary and number of jobs available?
  8. How can I become an IAS officer after pursuing Physiotherapy?
  9. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for civil serves examination -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th?
  11. How much % required in Graduation to become an IAS officer?
  12. Can I become an IAS/IPS officer after passing commerce but not interested in Maths? What should I choose between IP and Hindi?
  13. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer?
  14. Preferred subject to choose in graduation in order to prepare for IAS?
  15. What should I do to become an IAS officer? What type of graduation is required for IAS officer post? I have passed my 12th
  16. Which graduation course should be done for getting into Indian defence sector or as IAS officer? -- [New]
  17. Which course should I take for graduation to become an IAS officer?
  18. Can I apply for IAS exam if I am doing graduation as a private student in Arts Stream?
13th December 2011, 03:51 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do to become an IAS officer? Can I become one if I don't have Maths in my graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To become an IAS officer, you don't need to belong to a particular stream and there are no such subjects which you must have studied to be considered eligible. The examination conducted for recruitment of IAS officer is known as Civil Service Exam and is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

To be considered eligible for the exam, you must hold a bachelors degree in any stream. The minimum eligible age is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years for candidates belonging to general category, 33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ST category.

In the examination, you will be dealing with subjects like General Studies, English etc. and will also have paper, based on Aptitude Test.
30th March 2012, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What to do to become an IAS officer? Can I become one if I don't have Maths in my graduation?

How to prepare for the exam?
31st March 2012, 01:42 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

IAS exam is conducted by the upsc once in a year.
Eligibility criteria:
you should be a citizen of india.
The candidate should be complete graduation from any recognized university.
The candidate age limit should be 21 to 30 years, the age relaxation for obc candidates is 3 years, and the sc/st candidates is 5 years.
Examination pattern:
written test
main exam
interview
for more details visit the website
http://www.upsc.gov.in
All the best.
31st March 2012, 11:17 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Talking Re: What to do to become an IAS officer? Can I become one if I don't have Maths in my graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey friend,

This is a Indian Civil Service Exam and this exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and this exam is conducted every year for candidates to join in for the post of IAS Officer.

For applying for the IAS officer you need have completed degree in any discipline from a recognized university.So,there is nothing to be worried about whether you have having accounts stream and not maths,you just need to have completed a degree.

There are certain age limits framed for several categories and they are:
  • For General Candidates it is 21-30 years
  • For SC/ST candidates it is 21-33 years
  • For OBC candidates it is 21-35 years
  • For Ex-service men there is a exception of 5 years.

Most of all the candidate need to be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Interview

You can apply for the IAS exam if or not having maths as subject in your degree,but you need to have completed a degree in order to be eligible to apply for the exam

You can get more information regarding the IAS Exam at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
31st March 2012, 11:37 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Civil Services Examination is the most prestigious examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various All India Services including I.A.S., I.P.S., I.F.S., I.R.S., and various Group A Services and Group B Services.

Normally applications are invited by UPSC notifications in leading News Papers during December every year.

The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages :

1. Civil Services Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type) (Usually conducted in May)
2. Civil Services Main Examination (Written) (Conducted during October/November)
3. Interview and final Selection (During April/May)

1. Minimum Educational Qualification :

Degree of any recognized university. However candidates studying in final year examination may apply for Preliminary. When he applies for Main Examination, he shall be a Graduate. But the following Engineering discipline are eligible :-

* Civil Engineering,
* Mechanical Engineering,
* Bio Technology,
* Electrical Engineering,
* Physics
* Chemistry
* Statics
* Geology etc.

So you are very much eligible for I.A.S. in U.P.S.C.

For this you have to prepare right now.Here I have also mentioned about the age limit and number of attempts of the examination.

2. Age Limit :

* Minimum Age :- 21 as on 1st August during which they will write Exam.

* Maximum Age: 30 for GEN, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC.

3. Number of attempts :

* General Candidates -> 4

* OBC -> 7

* SC/ST -> No Limit

~regards~
priyo
31st March 2012, 11:57 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI Dear

To become an IAS officer:-

*Candidate pass graduation in any stream

*Age- 21 to 30 years

7 years for SC/ST candidates

5 years for Obc candidates...

Maximumly 5 times give for General candidates

7 times for OBC candidates

No limits for SC/ST candidates,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1st April 2012, 12:07 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

IAS eligibility :

Educational qualification :
candidates must be graduate in any stream under university with min of 60%
age limit :
21 to 28 years for general candidates
30 years for OBC candidates
35 years for SC/ST candidates

must be an Indian

IAS exam consists of two parts
preliminary
main
preliminary exam:
no of question 200
duration 2hrs

main exam:
it have 200marks
general science paper 600marks 3hr time
1st April 2012, 12:58 AM
shirley_schmidt

hello.........

after completing Aeronautical Engineering you have many job options .
jobs for Aeronautical Engineering are available with in the international,national,private and public air line services,research and development organisations, and defense service and air craft manufacturing .
ISRO and AIF are the big time job providers Aeronautical Engineering students...

thank you...............
1st April 2012, 06:01 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS-INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer you have to appear and crack the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year. You need not have Mathematics in your Graduation to become an IAS Officer. You should have the following eligibility criteria in order to appear for Civil Service exam:-

-You should be an Indian National.
-Should have either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University.
-should be within the age of 21 to 30 years which the upper age relaxed for SC/ST/PH candidate up to 5 years and for OBC up to 3 years.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to

www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?