6th June 2013, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria for NSD?

I am a student from an engineering background but I have developed an immense interest in Theatre. I would like to know if the plays directed and performed in college festivals count as stage productions to meet the eligibility criteria for NSD?

6th June 2013, 01:52 PM
rinku6

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for NSD?

National School of Drama (NSD) is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Culture.

Eligibility for NSD Admission:

You should be graduate in any stream from a recognized university in india.

Your age must be between 21 to 40 years as on 1st august 2013.

You must have experience in theatre or formal/ non formal teaching at School level.

You should have working knowledge of Hindi and English preferable.

Medium of Instruction- Hindi / English

All selected students will be given scholarship of Rs 6000 per month to meet their academic and other expenses.

Thanks..
6th June 2013, 02:54 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student from an engineering background but I have developed an immense interest in Theatre. I would like to know if the plays directed and performed in college festivals count as stage productions to meet the eligibility criteria for NSD?

To apply for NSD(National School of Drama) Entrance Exam,you will require to meet these Eligibility conditions :

Educational qualification :-
  • You should have a Bachelor degree passed out in any discipline from recognized university in Indian or Abroad.
Other Essential Qualification :-
  • You must have participated in at least 6 theater Productions.
  • You should have Knowledge of Hindi and English.
Age Limit :-
  • Minimum age should be 20 years.
  • Maximum age should not be above 30 years.
Course Details :-
  • Course - Diploma in Dramatic Arts.
  • Duration of Course - 3 years.
  • Total Number of seats - 26.
Note :- All Selected Candidates will get a scholarship of Rs 6000 per month to meet their academic and other expenses.

Selection Process :- Candidates will get selected through Preliminary test and Personal Interview.

Exam Syllabus :-
  • Audition in theater (Preliminary).
  • Drama Presentation on given theme (Mains).
  • Concept visualization (Final Selection).
For more details -->> Click-Here .
To Download its prospectus -->> Click-Here .
17th October 2013, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

without participate of any activities how to enroll in nsd please give me solution . because i didnot any partycipat on school lable or college lable. but i have more more intrest of this field so please guid me
26th February 2014, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

i am 12th pass and learned in distance education i done lots of theatres how can i enter?
3rd March 2014, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

tell me only one thing earlier if I do lots of theartres or if I'm graduate so I don't think that I require to get admit in nsd its not a sufficient criteria it dmotivates the fresh and new talent...
from
Haseen...7838499762..08791821614
2nd June 2014, 05:11 PM
KAMAL JOSHI1

Talking Re: What is the eligibility criteria for NSD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
why you developed an interest too late , now there is no chance for you.Get lost
23rd June 2014, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

If have not performed any theatre roles and never participated in any play but i do have a bachelor degree then how can i get admission in nsd?
4th August 2014, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

I want to get admitted in this institution but neither m graduate nor i hv any experience in acting. I belong 4m a very lower middle-class family. I'm bengali, i'v learnt in a bengali medium school. I couldn't give the exam of 12th grade bcoz of my poor financial condition. I passed the 10th exam with a 3rd division standard. I'm honest. I'v tried to write dis in english coz i'm nt dat bad in this language.. I hv a passion 4 acting. Life teaches us the acting and i do believe that i hv sum potentiol in this field jus that i need to be groomed 4m dis great institution. Im very poor. I want to act, plz let me and help me doing it by accepting me in dis institute. I love to act-react.
My mobile number is 917685883646 . Im 4m kolkata. District-howrah, bauria.
My name is raja das.
20th October 2014, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
i know that acting is the source by which an actor or actress gives moral and message to all people by his or her act.yesterday i had seen mashriki hoor and 2nd years students of nsd did that and they paid there best.and its my dream to enter into nsd.everyday i comes to see nsd and its my only dream to get admission in nsd. i heard that approach and refrences matters to get admission in nsd. but i dont ever let bcoz nobody can learn acting only because of refrence.tallent matters if it is acting ,i.t. or many more.i know onething said by my father that u will get fame name or ur designation bcoz of ur efforts,today em giving u food accomdation and shelter and after a time u have to go to know ur identification.my name is nitin.i am from gurgaon and my ph no. is 9873069655
27th December 2014, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Hello , Sir ... I'm Raj from U.P. (Azamgarh). Now, i'm a student of B.Tech final year but after an all these things i just interested to make my career in Acting line in Film Industry..... i have no experience about it right now so , please suggest me what will i do in this circumstances......Thank You!!!!!
Email [email protected]
23rd February 2015, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

I am graduate and experience in teaching but i have not any knowledge
of theatre can i apply for NSD.
12th March 2015, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

I HV READ THAT FOR GETTING ADMISSION INTO NSD 6 MONTHS THETRE IS REQUIRE..BT I DONT HAVE ANY THETRE EXPERIENCE..PLS TELL ME HOW CAN I GET 6 MONTH THETRE...PLSS TELL
24th March 2015, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir M Evendra Gaydhane From Maharashtra..I want 2 take admission in NSD.
For that i need help .How 2 take admission in Nsd.I cmplted 6 theatre play .But i want wat exactly preapare for cracking the preliminary Audition and 4 days workshop.I want details about preparation.plzz tel me...plzzz Sir.
6th April 2015, 11:33 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

NSD stand for National School of Drama.

Eligibility criteria for NSD:-

The candidate should be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University.

The candidate must have experience of working in any six theatre groups.

The candidate must have working knowledge of Hindi and English.

Age should be between 20 years to 30 years.

SC/ST category candidates 5 years age relaxation.
13th June 2015, 05:10 PM
P.M. Banjara

Default Re: What is the eligibili

Sir,
I am P.M. Banjara from Pali. I want to work in Acting bcose Its way of my dream. I proof myself.
But I can't do it without your help. So Plllzzzz help me sirrrr..
I am waiting for your help....
27th July 2015, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

My name is govind and i am student of b.tech 2nd year . I want to join nsd but i have no idea acting at school level or college level then what i do ? Plz suggest me sir
8th September 2015, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

I am Manish mallik I completed graduation in 2014. I have no experience in any drametical institute. I have interest in acting so then what to do? plz suggest me dir ?
16th September 2015, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir.. I'm Gaurav Shukla from UP(LKO). &I have completed my graduation. Now I want to take admission in NSD. I just interested to make my career in acting line in film industry..... I have no experience about it right now.... So, Please suggest me What should I do for this????? Thank you!!!!!!! My email Id- [email protected]
16th September 2015, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

i am Gyanprakash maury i completed greduation in any drametical institute i have intrestet in acting so then what to do plz suggest me dir
26th February 2016, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

I want to join NSD. but i dnt have experience of theatre production.
what to do??
27th February 2016, 11:21 AM
SaddamHussain786
Junior Member+

Eligibility criteria for NSD..
*The candidate should be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University.

*The applicant must have experience of working in any six theatre groups.

*The candidate must have working knowledge of Hindi and English.

*The candidate should be minimum 20 years and maximum 30 years as on 1st July 2013.

*SC and ST candidates can enjoy a relaxation of five years in maximum age
17th March 2016, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir.. I'm Nandlal goswami from UP(GKP). &I have completed my graduation. Now I want to take admission in NSD. I just interested to make my career in acting line in film industry..... I have no experience about it right now.... So, Please suggest me What should I do for this????? Thank you!!!!!!! My email Id- [email protected]
4th April 2016, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

if I have done a regional film...but I don't have experience of theatre..then can I join nsd? I m graduate, 22 , have done modeling shows...
email- [email protected]
6th April 2016, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

I want to join NSD.but I don't have experience of theatre production .so,what to do??
6th April 2016, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

I want to join NSD but I don't have experience of theatre production so,what to do?
21st April 2016, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

How much percentage do i need to take admission on NSD ?
18th August 2016, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

I want to join NSD but I don't have experience of theatre production so,what to do?
22nd October 2016, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir I m student of engineering 1st year and I want to take admission in nsd to build my carrier in mumbai industry suggest some advice for me.
[email protected]
Mob- 7301183854
1st December 2016, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

I want to join NSD but I don't have experience of theatre production so what o do?? I have done b.tech and mba my age is 22 and email id [email protected] pls help thanx
6th June 2017, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

I want to join NSD but i don't have experience of theatre production so what should i do?? i have passed 10 th and going to study SCIENCE i need a lot of help as i am confused please HELP ME E-MAIL:[email protected]
22nd August 2017, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

I am very very interested in joining this institution and I have passed my diploma course in electrical engineering but I don't have a single certificate in theatre productions. Am I eligible to take admission in nsd? Sir please guide me how can I get admission in nsd Name - akash kumar shaw , contact no - 8918563878
8th November 2017, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Can a Chartered Accountant is eligible for getting admission in NSD, if he/she has not done graduation.
20th September 2018, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, I have the interest to make films, and I have no further experience before in making films, I have completed my HS exam, Now, whether I will go for the General BA degree or film BA degree to get seat in NSD and what must I do to make film as a career.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?