5th December 2009, 06:20 PM
lad.sonu

what happens to exception object after exception handling?

what will happen to exception object after exception handling? (C++)

19th December 2009, 11:03 AM
Rosy

Default Re: what happens to exception object after exception handling?

The catch clause resets object to the value null after correcting the exception situation. This can be done by calling a destructor which releases the memory occupied by it.
31st January 2010, 09:51 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hello

The catch clause resets object to the value null after correcting the exception situation. This can be done by calling a destructor which releases the memory occupied by it.

best of luck
3rd February 2010, 10:27 AM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

Every data member inside your object should clean up its own mess.

If a constructor throws an exception, the object's destructor is not run. If your object has already done something that needs to be undone (such as allocating some memory, opening a file, or locking a semaphore), this "stuff that needs to be undone" must be remembered by a data member inside the object.
27th February 2010, 02:07 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

The thrown object must be an instance of the Exception class or a subclass of Exception.......
12th July 2010, 11:41 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

The exception object is the main entity to show what kind of exception is occurring in the coding.

After an exception is thrown, the JVM built default exception handler catches the exception and stops the execution of the program.

When we use an exception handler, it handles the exception and the program runs after that.
By the object of the Exception class which is the highest priority class,the particular exception is shown whether it is an arithmetic or array index out of bounds or I/O exception.

I think your doubt has been a little cleared now.

Good luck!
29th September 2011, 11:12 PM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Wink Re: what happens to exception object after exception handling?

Hello friend,

The exception object is the main entity to show what kind of exception is occurring in the coding.

After an exception is thrown, the JVM built default exception handler catches the exception and stops the execution of the program.

When we use an exception handler, it handles the exception and the program runs after that.
By the object of the Exception class which is the highest priority class,the particular exception is shown whether it is an arithmetic or array index out of bounds or I/O exception.

Good luck!
26th November 2011, 10:32 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

Hello friend,

Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?