11th March 2018, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum and maximum age limit for Combined Defense Service exam?

My date of birth is 09/08/1993 and I have completed my M.Com. Am I eligible for Combined Defense Service exam? Is my age within the minimum and maximum age limit condition?

21st March 2018, 07:40 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum and maximum age limit for Combined Defense Service exam?

No, you are not eligible to appear for CDS II 2018 entrance examination.

Candidates born before 02nd January 1994 are not eligible to appear for entrance examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in both stages for final selection.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
21st March 2018, 08:59 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum and maximum age limit for Combined Defense Service exam?

The minimum and maximum age limit required to apply for Combined Defense Service examination is 20 to 24 years. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to apply for CDS examination. Since, you have crossed the maximum age limit of 24 years, you are not eligible to apply for CDS examination.
21st March 2018, 10:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of CDS is Combined Defence Services.

CDS is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

As per your date of birth, you have already crossed upper age limit for Combined Defence Services exam.

You can not apply for CDS exam. The age limit is 19-25 years.
22nd March 2018, 07:13 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CDS refers to Combined Defense Services and the same examination is held by UPSC twice every year in two stages which includes Written Test and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively for recruitment of commissioned officer in Indian defense services.

CDS has four wings which includes Naval Academy (NA), Air force Academy (AFA), Indian Military Academy (IMA), and Officer's training Academy (OTA).

As far as you are concerned about the age limit for appearing in CDS entrance examination then in case of NA, IMA and AFA it is 20 years to 24 years by the 1st January ( or 1st July in case of CDS II examination ) of the year following the year in which the CDS examination is held while in case of CDS examination the age limit is 20 years to 25 years.

So being born on 9th August 1993 you are not eligible for appearing in CDS entrance examination 2018 as your age will exceed 25 years by the 1st January 2019.

For detailed information about CDS entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd March 2018, 07:31 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for Combined Service Exam.

CDS stands for Combined Service Exam and this exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year for recruitment in various defense services in India.

To apply for this exam you should have graduation degree from the university approved by Indian Government.

The age limit for applying for CDS exam is mentioned below:

For Indian Military Service: 19 - 24 years.

For Indian Air Force: 19 - 23 years.

For Indian Navy Service: 19 - 22 years.

For OTA: 19 - 25 years.
23rd March 2018, 03:39 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

After completing graduation you can write CDS entrance test and age required should be- 21 years to 30 years. The exam is conducted twice in a year.
Medical tests are also conducted and it is conducted at the nearest military hospital.
23rd March 2018, 04:18 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Age limit for CDS examination:-

Indian Military Academy:
Minimum 19 years and maximum 24 years at the time of appearing in this examination

Indian Navy:
Minimum 19 years and maximum 22 years at the time of appearing in this examination

Air Force:
Minimum 19 years and maximum 23 years at the time of appearing in this examination

Officer Training Academy:
Minimum 19 years and maximum 25 years at the time of appearing in this examination
24th March 2018, 04:23 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to join Combined Defence Service:

>>Candidates should complete 10+2 exam with Physics and Mathematics as major subjects( for Air Force). Candidates should have a bachelor degree in Engineering( for indian Naval Service).
>>Candidates should not born earlier than 2 nd July , 1992 and should not born later than 1st July, 1998.

Maximum and Minimum age limit to join Combined Defence Service is mention above.
*** You are not eligible to join any of the Combined Defence Service job posts as your educational qualification doesn't satisfy the above mentioned eligibility criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?