2nd December 2018, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum qualification for Assistant Professor for teaching B.Sc degree?

I want to start my career as an Assistant Professor and teach B.Sc graduate students. What should be my qualification to be eligible and do I need to appear for any entrance exam?

4th December 2018, 07:50 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification for Assistant Professor for teaching B.Sc degree?

Getting into this career field typically requires at least a master's degree, but many employers required doctoral degree in the individual's choosen field of interest. Teaching and Research experience as a graduate assistant, lecturer or assistant professor is also helpful for getting into this career.
Moreover the candidate must have qualified in National Eligibility Test/SLET etc.
5th December 2018, 09:03 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification for Assistant Professor for teaching B.Sc degree?

To become an Assistant Professor i.e; lecturer, you need to qualify examinations such as NET ( National Eligibility Test ) held by NTA or SET ( State Eligibility Test ) held by concerned state education council.

Further for appearing in these examination, you need to have completed your Master degree course in your concerned subject with at least 55% marks ( or 50% marks in case you belong to reserved category ) from a recognized university.

So, being a B.Sc in Mathematics, degree holder, you are required to first complete your master's degree in the subject of your interest and then you need to qualify any one of two examinations mentioned above.
5th December 2018, 10:43 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become an Assistant Professor you have to appear and qualify in NET. It is conducted by UGC.

The examination is conducted by CBSE under guidance of UGC. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed master degree and have scored minimum 55% there is relaxation for reserved category.

There is no upper age limit to appear in the examination. So, if you have the required qualification then you are eligible to appear in the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?