4th November 2017, 12:50 PM
akshatgoyal

What should I do to become a fashion designer after completion of 10th standard?

I want to be a fashion designer anyhow, now I am in class 9th of CBSE, soon I will pass 10 I have decided to take in arts, which subject I have to choose to be in fashion institutes? After passing 12, what I have to do? I have heard about NIFT, what can I do to become a fashion designer?

6th November 2017, 09:47 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become a fashion designer after completion of 10th standard?

NIFT stands for National Institute of Fashion Technology.

They are pioneer institutes in terms of getting higher education fashion designing.

So after passing 12th standard, you can apply for NIFT exam and enroll yourself for academic courses in NIFT.

For getting admission in NIFT, you will have to secure good AIR to beat other candidates.

NIFT Exam is conducted at following exam centres all over India.
  • New Delhi (Head Office)
  • Mumbai,
  • Kolkata,
  • Kangra,
  • Gandhinagar,
  • Hyderabad,
  • Chennai,
  • Bangalore,
  • Raebareli,
  • Patna,
  • Shillong,
  • Bhopal,
  • Kannur,
  • Bhubaneswar and
  • Jodhpur
7th November 2017, 11:44 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become a fashion designer after completion of 10th standard?

To pursue fashion designing course minimum required qualification is 12th or equivalent from a recognised board.

The eligibility to get admission in :-

B.Des - 12th in any stream from a recognised board.

B.F.Tech - 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper from a recognised board.

So, you can select the stream for your 12th std according to course interest.

NIFT ( National Institute of Fashion Technology ) is a premier institute of India for fashion designing course.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in NIFT entrance examination for admission in the course.

The official website of NIFT is www.nift.ac.in.
11th April 2021, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between B. Des and B. F. Tech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?