12th September 2016, 02:40 PM
chitta.mba

What should I do to join MBA in IIT or NIT?

What should I do for joining in MBA in IIT or NIT after completion of B.tech(civil)? Now I am in final year & which MBA course will be suitably best for me?

12th September 2016, 08:12 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to join MBA in IIT or NIT?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in IIT and NIT in MBA course after bachelor degree in technology.

The course is two year duration course. You have to appear for CAT entrance examination and qualify in it for admission in course.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test and it is conducted by IIM for admission in MBA course.

There are many available stream in MBA such as :-

Finance.

Banking.

Hospitalization.

Marketing.

So, you can select as per your interest. For more information about examination visit at www.iimcat.ac.in.
12th September 2016, 08:48 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

MBA ( Master of Business Administration ) and it is two year duration course. The candidates interested in business sector most probably prefer to pursue course.

The eligibility to get admission in IIT is candidate must pass the CAT entrance examination.

CAT entrance examination is conducted by IIM and for admission in IIT it is necessary to have B.Tech/B.E degree to get admission after bachelor degree other than IITM.

So, you can appear for entrance examination to get admission in MBA course.
12th September 2016, 09:10 PM
sarika1993

You are eligible to apply for MBA in IIT or NIT. In IIT or NIT , MBA admission is done based on candidate's performance in entrance exam CAT , Group Discussion & Interview. IIT graduates with CGPA 8 or above are exempted from CAT to apply for MBA IIT.

Eligibility
- You should have passed bachelor's degree with at least 60% for IIT & 50% for NIT.
- You should have appeared entrance exam CAT for MBA admission.

CAT Exam Pattern
- Total Questions : 100
Quantitative Aptitude : 28 Q
Verbal & Reading Comprehension : 44 Q
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning : 28 Q
- Total Marks : 300
- Time Duration : 3 Hours
- Each correct answer is awarded 3 marks & Incorrect answer fetches -3 marks.

Steps For Getting Admission In MBA to NIT or IIT
- Appear CAT entrance exam.
- Apply for NIT or IIT.
- If shortlisted , then called for Group Discussion or Interview.
- Merit list is prepared based on performance in written , GD & Interview.
- If selected , then your admission is ready in NIT or IIT.

Important Dates
- Online Application Procedure Starts : After CAT Result Declaration
- Last Date of Online Application : Junuary 2017 Ending for IITs & April 2017 for NITs.
- GD & Interview : March 2017 for IITs & April 2017 for NITs.
- Admission Counseling : May 2017
12th September 2016, 10:45 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

MBA stands for Master of Business Management and it is one of the course which has great scope in Management field and hence getting attraction by more and more bachelor degree holders rather than any other course.

Being a final year student of B.tech in Civil engineering degree course you are eligible for pursuing MBA degree course from any institutes like IIT SoMs ( School of Management ), NIT as well as IIMs ( Indian Institute of Management ) best known for this course.

* To get admission in these institutes you will have appear and secure best percentiles in CAT ( Common Aptitude Test ) which is held once every year by different IIMs following a rotation policy.

* Also to be eligible for the same examination one needs to be a bachelor degree holder with any subjects with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized university.

* Being a final year of your bachelor's degree you are eligible for the CAT 2016 for which the application forms are available till 22nd September 2016 and examination is scheduled to be held on 4th December 2016.

For further details regarding CAT you can visit its official website www.iimcat.ac.in.
13th September 2016, 01:04 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) offers technological as well as management programmes. There are a total number of 19 IITs (including ISM Dhanbad) in India and out of which only 7 IITs offers management programmes. These various IITs offering management courses are:

IIT Madras (Department of Management Studies),

IIT Roorkee (Department of Management Studies),

IIT Kharagpur/MHRM – HSS (Vinod Gupta School of Management),

IIT Delhi (Department of Management Studies),

IIT Bombay (SJMSOM),

IIT Kanpur and

IISc Bangalore.

Admissions into the management programmes of IITs are based on Common Admission Test (CAT) score. The eligibility criteria for admission into various IITs varies from each other. This is an online exam conducted every year.

Eligibility criteria required to apply for CAT exam are as under :-

-The candidate must have completed graduation with minimum 50%(45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate from a recognized university.The candidates appearing for the final year of any graduation degree course can also apply for the exam.

-There is no age limit to sit for the exam.

- There is no limitations on the no. of attempts to apply for the exam.

-Selection procedure involves of following three stages:

* Written exam ,

* Group discussion , and

* Interview.
16th January 2018, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

After cat how can I apply in IIT or another. Is there is any procedure. How can I know application date and any other details publishing by these IIT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?