29th March 2011, 09:35 PM
guru_chikki

What is the standard of Maths paper in Civil Services Exam? Is it different from engineering Maths exam?

Hi,i have completed my B.tech with I.T background.I have opted maths as one of my optional. What is the standard of this paper though is it different from engineering maths.Please give me your valuable suggestion.With regards.Thank You.

Related Questions:
  1. Civil Services Main, Mechanical Engineering (Paper II) Exam – Download Previous Years Question Papers
  2. Is it possible to give exam related to Maths without having Maths in 12th standard?
  3. Courses to study in Graduation for pursuing Civil Services exam? Job opportunities after failing to achieve in Civil Services? -- [New]
  4. Civil Services Examination Civil Engineering (Paper II) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. Civil Services Main Mechanical Engineering (Paper I) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Which are the best books for UPSC Civil Services Exam?
  7. Is is possible to appear for 12th Physics and Maths papers again? Procedure to enroll for that?
  8. Can I write the IAS/Civil Services Exam while studying BSc maths?
  9. How to become an IAS officer after writing 12th exam(Bio Maths)?
  10. Can I join civil services after graduation? Scope for girl candidate in civil services?
  11. Which subject should I select? I am a mechanical engineer
  12. Detailed information about new vacancies in Civil services? Can I apply for Civil services if I am poor at maths?
  13. Last year Maths question paper of FITJEE entrance exam for 5th standard?
  14. What is the ranking position of St Martins engaged college and where does it stand?
  15. Karnataka CET Maths Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Which subjects should I choose in 11th Class to do CA course in future?
  17. Biology with maths or Computer science with Maths: better option after 10th with good skills in Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Civil Services Examination Law (Paper I) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
30th March 2011, 07:32 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the standard of Maths paper in Civil Services Exam? Is it different from engineering Maths exam?

Since the minimum qualification required is graduation the level of the questions asked will be of this level. You can refer to books of the graduation level. In the first paper you need to be prepared in areas like Linear Algebra, Geometry, Vector Analysis. In the second paper questions from Algebra, Linear Programming, Numerical Analysis etc will be asked. You need to make a note of the various areas and study each of them.
31st March 2011, 04:38 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What is the standard of Maths paper in Civil Services Exam? Is it different from engineering Maths exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_chikki View Post
Hi,i have completed my B.tech with I.T background.I have opted maths as one of my optional. What is the standard of this paper though is it different from engineering maths.Please give me your valuable suggestion.With regards.Thank You.
Hello
Quote:
.I have opted maths as one of my optional
its very good option that you have selected mathematics this is one of the top opted optionals in civils

the pro's of Mathematics..

-> its easy to score good marks

-> it doesn't have lot of theory's ..some questions will be of simple formula applications.

->Mathematics if done confidently then your rank getting ability will increase ...

->Mathematics can be a booster for your preparation..

-> if you got bored with some subjects like history and economics then you can shift your mind towards interesting mathematics..

Cons of Mathematics..

->if you doesn't have a good basic knowledge then its very tough to score...not score atleast it will be tough for attempting..

->so you have select mathematics daringly if you don't have good basic knowledge..

coming to civil's paper mathematics will be like a 12 mathematics paper or to say exactly it will be like JEE mathematics there you have to choose correct option but here you have to write the whole with your hands

that is all the difference

anyways selection of Mathematics is correct if you have good knowledge in basic mathematics..

hope you got the gist

regards..

~aditya~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?