20th June 2017, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

What steps to take to become a software engineer after 10th standard?

What steps to take to become a software engineer after 10th standard? Which subject I should go for next? Can you please guide me with the details on this? I need to know the way forward. It will be helpful if you can guide me soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do after completing 10th standard to become a software engineer in future?
  2. What steps to take to become Software Engineer at Microsoft?
  3. What to take after 10th class for becoming a software engineer?
  4. What should I do after 10th standard to become a software engineer?
  5. What is the procedure followed to got a job in Microsoft for software engineer?
  6. What steps should I follow to become a Software Engineer after completing class 10th (CBSE)?
  7. What procedure must I follow to be a software engineer after passing 10th?
  8. What steps I have to take to become Software Engineer being a candidate of pursuing 12th with Bioscience?
  9. Can I become a Software Engineer after completion of Engineering Diploma course?
  10. What course should I select after completion of 10th standard to become an software engineer?
  11. Should I choose Non-Medical in 11th standard to become a Software Engineer if secured 8.6 CGPA in 10th?
  12. Am I eligible to become a software engineer if I have taken Arts stream in 11th standard?
  13. What should I do to become a software engineer after completion of B.Sc Computer Science?
  14. What should I do to become a software engineer after passing 12th class?
  15. How to become a software engineer? What are the skills required for it?
  16. Can I become Software Engineer after the completion of Distance MBA having secured 60% in B.Sc Computer Science, 55% in Intermediate and 45% in 10th standard?
  17. How to become a software engineer after passing 10th class? What is the scope in this area? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Am I eligible to apply for software engineer job if I have taken science subjects in 11th standard?
20th June 2017, 08:35 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What steps to take to become a software engineer after 10th standard?

To become a software engineer the process you need to follow the following mentioned procedure:

- In the 12th standard you need to choose PCM stream.
- You can even choose diploma in computer science or any stream which includes PCM subjects in it.
- After completing 12th class you need to study BE/ B.Tech in computer science/ Information technology/ Electronics stream.
- After completing BE/ B.Tech then you need attend any off campus placements or you need to any interviews in any company.
- For better opportunities in companies you need to have a good command on C, C++, Java, and other programming languages.
- The minimum percentage required for getting job in top MNC companies is 65-75%. This varies based on the post and position of the company.
20th June 2017, 10:50 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What steps to take to become a software engineer after 10th standard?

After passing your 10th standard, you have to take non medical stream in your 11th standard and 12th standard and after passing with 60% you have to appear in JEE Mains exam. Once you will qualify your mains exam you will be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced. And if you will get good rank you will be able to opt for software engineering course.
There are many private colleges also which provide software engineering through management quota seat where entrance test plays no role.
21st June 2017, 10:21 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Follow the given process as shown below

>> You need to complete your 10+2 with PCM as a prime subject and attain minimum 60% so that you can get further colleges easily for studies
>> After inter you need to complete your graduation either B.tech , or B.E where choose IT or computer science as a specialization when asked.
>> Your B.tech degree with proper Industrial training certificate will help you in getting job where you will gain experience .
21st June 2017, 10:22 AM
kachhadiyasharda

It's good that you have a career planning & want to become a software engineer. After the 10th class, You should choose the science stream with maths as a main subject to go for software engineering course.

Steps to Become a Software Engineer After 10th
- Choose the science stream with PCM group.
- Get good score in (10+2).
- Appear entrance exam JEE Main & get good score.
- Apply for engineering course in which you have to choose for computer science or software engineering branch.
- Your admission is done on the basis of your merit rank.
- Complete the 4 years of software engineering.
- You will be awarded as a software engineer by university.

Required Skills In Software Engineering
- Computer Programming Skills
- Knowledge of Computer Logic, Flow Charting etc.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Team Work
- Creative Thinking
- Problem Solving skills
- Numerical & Analytical Ability

Salary
As a fresher, You can earn around Rs.1,50,000/- to Rs.5,00,000/- per annum. After getting experience of 2 to 3 years, You can earn more. Salary also depends upon your skills & organization for which you are working.

Top Recruiters In Software Firms
- TCS
- Google
- Cisco
- Cognizant
- Yahoo
- Wipro
- Sun Microsystems
- Tech Mahindra
21st June 2017, 11:24 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Software Engineering profession can be completed after pursuing Computer Science or Information Technology branch.

After 10th standard, you will have to opt for PCM stream in 10+2.

Then, subsequently appear for engineering entrance exam in the same year while doing 12th.

After qualifying the entrance exam, you can get admission into engineering colleges.

While counseling, choose Computer Science and Engineering or Information Technology as your preferred branch to become Software Engineer in future.
22nd June 2017, 02:11 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Sounds too good that you are concerned about your career from now.
You just have to work hard and keep patience as there's no shortcut for success in career.
o complete your 10th with good percentage.

o Take science stream with computer as an additional subject.

o Take admission in a good engineering college like IIT colleges, BITs Pilani,
BIT mesra etc. But you have to give an entrance exam for these colleges.

o Complete your bachelor's degree from engineering college in 4 years or in 3 years in computer science from any college.

o Do Internship or OJT(on job training)

o Then you will be called for placement in your college from different companies like
Amazon
wipro
TCS
Infosys
Tech Mahindra
Google
Microsoft
cognizant
Accenture etc

Hope you will find this helpful!
22nd June 2017, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Hello, after 10th you must have to choose Science stream with Maths subject and clear 12th in this stream. after that you have to take part in pre-engineering entrance exam conducted for state and central engineering colleges admission.
22nd June 2017, 05:00 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that the minimum educational pursuing engineering degree in any trade is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board of examination. Students having diploma in engineering degree course are also eligible.o

So after completing your Class 10th you need to complete your Class 12th with PCM group from a recognized board or have to go for diploma in engineering degree course.

Further for pursuing engineering degree course i.e; Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology from top engineering colleges offering quality education along with high job placements options you need to qualify engineering entrance examination like JEE, State CET/ EEE, COMED K, WBJEE, BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMEEE, etc. .
27th June 2017, 04:31 PM
yamram

Hi
If you are interested in software engineering then after 10th standard either you can go for diploma program which is of total 3 years. You can also opt for Diploma - B.Tech integrated program also which is of total 6 years.
The other option which is also available with you is that you can clear your 12th standard first with 60% aggregate marks, then further you can proceed with B.Tech in Computer science engineering or Information technology.
You can also opt for integrated B.Tech -M.Tech program also which is total of 5 years course.
So you can choose according to your priorities and interest and you can through the best university and institutes which are offering these courses with practical and industrial exposure, and with more job opportunities also like Christ University, Lovely Professional University, Symbiosis university, VIT University and few others.
23rd August 2019, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

I am 8 grade what subjects should i improve
12th November 2019, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Can i do diploma after 10 std or after 12 std
26th May 2020, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

if i take commerce ip, can i become a software engineer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?