26th June 2022, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

What to study in UG or what to study in college for IFS?

I am 12th finished and what to study in UG or what to study in college for IFS?

27th June 2022, 05:13 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: What to study in UG or what to study in college for IFS?

There is no specific criteria that about the stream at graduation level. You can pursue any course (Arts, Commerce, or Science). What you just need is to be dedicated about your studies. IFS (Indian Foreign Service) is one of the group A service , whose exam is conducted by UPSC every year.
28th June 2022, 11:03 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.F.S officer, you have to appear and qualify in the Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. Candidates with bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for the examination

So, you can pursue the course in any discipline. Examination is conducted in three stages. For detail information about the examination syllabus and patterns visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th June 2022, 02:04 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue your UG in any stream to become eligible to apply for UPSC CSE examination conducted for final selection as an I.A.S, I.F.S Officers.

The examination is conducted in three stages. So, you need to prepare for the examination with a proper strategy and dedicao to qualify in the examination.

To get syllabus and other information with respect to examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th June 2022, 07:12 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

In general IFS refers to Indian Foreign Service and to be an IFS officer one is required to qualify the Civil Services examination.

Further, for appearing in the Civil Services examination you need be graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, as graduate in any discipline are eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination and therefore to become an IFS officer, so you can opt for any stream for your graduation degree course as per your interest and strength.

For complete details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in. Also, from the same link you can also get information regarding Indian Forest Services examination which too is known as IFS examination to some people.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?